part time vending

General vending talk
craig12
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: internet

part time vending

Post by craig12 »

can vending be done if I have another business or not , my aim was to gradually work myself out ofmy carpet shop to vending , im 56 now and been in carpets 40 years but wanted to replace some of my income or all of it , the carpet business is nowher near as good as it was in the 70s 80s so annual profits are around £35000 at best some years £25000-£30000 , so I wondered if I could replace it
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: part time vending

Post by Style »

Where are you based. I could put a sweet tower in your carpet shop for you. 20% commission?

Being serious it takes a few years of hard graft to build up, I wouldn't want to try it whilst running another business.

I could also put a toy machine outside your carpet shop! 25% :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

craig12 wrote:can vending be done if I have another business or not , my aim was to gradually work myself out ofmy carpet shop to vending , im 56 now and been in carpets 40 years but wanted to replace some of my income or all of it , the carpet business is nowher near as good as it was in the 70s 80s so annual profits are around £35000 at best some years £25000-£30000 , so I wondered if I could replace it
You have profits of 35 grand and you want to chuck it in for vending? To get anywhere near that in vending would take a serious amount of investment and several years at least. It's a lot of work to build a vending business from the ground up and unless you're in an area with not much competition (pretty rare these days) it can be difficult to make it into a proper full time job
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Best way in is to look to buy an existing business and go from there.