is this a wise way to start

General vending talk
craig12
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: internet

is this a wise way to start

Post by craig12 »

after looking at the 2 ways into this hobby, new and used , I'm thinking more of a used set up might be good ,, can anyone tell me the pitfalls of seeking out say lots of beaver machines , as apposed to joining tubz vending? is the 20p route a hard slog for little profit after commission , is £1 the only way to go , the way I was thinking was that if I didn't take to the hobby then I haven't lost £2800 -£5000 , are 20p m and ms a no go , is the 20p dispenser something that would not return enough ? is it toys that's the way to go and lastly are gumballs extinct now I cant seem to see much about them , I get the impression kids in the uk don't love em like in the usa
craig12
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Re: is this a wise way to start

Post by craig12 »

am I on the old forum here , does seem quiete on here with no replies
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Its not a hobby. Its a business. Get good sites and you will sell plenty of stuff and make money.
craig12
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by craig12 »

can anyone tell me please a reasonable figure to start out with inc stock and how many machines regards
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Buy some 2nd hand machines and site them yourself or use Barbara on here. The best sites you will get are the ones you will site yourself because you know your patch best. Start with 10 or so, if you are finding it working then carry on growing. Once you have 10 in then try and add some toy and Pringle machines. Lots of people pay a load of cash to Hurleys or tubz vending for a franchise, (they will use Barbara to site find) and then give up after 6 months when they realise you have to work for your money.
Vending can be a great business, its given me a fantastic lifestyle but it isnt a short cut to being a millionaire!

There are always 2nd hand machines available because of the amount of people who buy franchises and then fail. I will happily sell you a load of towers if you want some.
Good luck

Andy