Cheap pinball machines?

General vending talk
Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Barbara

Cheap pinball machines?

Post by Tufty »

Collected from a social club today and they have asked if I can supply a kids pinball machine the owner has seen.

I am new to the vending game and have never seen one but she says they put in 20p then play a game with a bouncy ball etc and win it.

The place is pretty rough only open at weekends and only has kids in for functions/parties etc so it's not something I want to spend a lot on.

Anyone any experience of these and if they actually make money?

Going rate for a used machine?

Thanks
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: Cheap pinball machines?

Post by Style »

they make great money in the right site but you need one on 50p vend. Expect to pay at least £300 for a 2nd hand one. New will cost you over £600
Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Tufty »

Thanks Style.

I don't think this would be the right site for an investment like that.

It is one of those places that looks very much on the verge of closing down and I don't want to end up losing the machine.

you have quite a mix of machines don't you?

What would you do in a situation like this? The majority of people are older but the sweets sell well and they do a lot of charity events and kids parties etc. I think if I was putting another machine in I would want cheep and cheerful.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Can you put a standard toy machine in, Tomy or similar? Could also try a couple of Beavers on a stand, bouncy balls at 20p from them or mixed toys.
Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Tufty »

I have actually been looking for a toy machine second hand but struggling to find any that aren't expensive. I like the idea of superettes and tomy or discapa but can't seem to find any near me.The Beavers are a good shout.there are currently a couple on eBay not a million miles away. Thanks for always taking the time to reply. The forum seems pretty quiet just now so I feel like I'm always pestering you and Pablo!
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

No worries. I log in every day, you never know what you might learn or what business opportunity will come your way.
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

dearest ive paid for a second hand pinball is £150 but that was from operators on here so prob worth posting up on here see if anyone has one
Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by Tufty »

Thanks guys, I bought some Beavers and potentially doing a deal for some Tomy machines so hopefully one can go there.

Planning a busy January of site finding, I stay in an old Market town and although we have a lot of pubs,shops etc most are very small so I am hoping if they feel a tower is too big they might accept Beavers on 50p vend then if it does well I might be able to persuade them to give up a little more space in the hope they will receive more commission from a tower. That's the plan anyway.