Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Re: Taking on an employee to run your vending round

Post by Vendition Ltd »

PabloV8 wrote:Regards employing someone - I would employ a retired and yet spritely person, a person who appreciated the opportunity and had good form, punctual, reliable and honest, willing to work perhaps a couple of days a week on a three month trial basis!

A kind of try before you buy into the partnership!

You have obviously took a long time to build up what you have so caution is the key!

Do you not have any family or friends who can recommend a cast iron person?

Good luck.
I think you have hit the nail on the head there Pablo, but where do I find these people?
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

There is plenty of good people out there!

You are going to have to be patient for the right one/ones by advertising.

To satisfy the new pension criteria - the person works 2 days a week with a set round of maximum earn £50 per day that might be 10/15 machines, if you are up front and explain reason to maximum earn they should be okay with it with excess earning paid with tubz vending for grand-children or other or pay excess earning into charity.

or alternatively, carry over excess for the days that he/she misses the target and use excess to top up pay.

There is ways around this and should not hinder your objective!

Use site payment slips - I have always used them from the offset, and have had to go back and use them to answer a query!

People of 50 plus are finding it exceedingly difficult to obtain employment, especially retired folk, so anyone is going to be very grateful to you for providing the opportunity to double their respective [state] pension and probably more reliable over the long term. Just be flexible with your requirements i.e. you could get them to work 2 days a week, or 4 days a fortnight or a solid 8 days a month - just as long as the earnings do not go above £5250 to be safe from the pensions requirements, means they probably pay no tax as well.

Cheers.
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Post by Central2vend »

The reason l set up a vending business was to get away from the situation you are contemplating.
Having run various businesses over the years and employing staff, I can tell you its a complete nightmare, you wouldn't believe the excuses people will make to avoid work.
Please look for an alternative as some have suggested, the last thing you need at this time is more stress.
Good luck

Joe
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Central2vend wrote:The reason l set up a vending business was to get away from the situation you are contemplating.
Having run various businesses over the years and employing staff, I can tell you its a complete nightmare, you wouldn't believe the excuses people will make to avoid work.
Please look for an alternative as some have suggested, the last thing you need at this time is more stress.
Good luck

Joe
I agree! Well said Joe.
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

Taking on someone and making money on the towers they service for you can be done, but it is not easy.
Look for someone in there mid to late 60s, I have found this age to be absolutely ideal.
You need someone who is fairly well off and not doing this job for the money, if that makes sense???
Someone who likes to be out and about and enjoys meeting up with strangers.
A retired chap will often do this job very cheaply to make an excuse to get out of the way from the Wife for the odd day.
I Don't mean to be sexist, i guess it can work the other way, but in my case you would be surprised how common the above senario is!!!

Good luck
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Flintvending is spot on!

Yes, there are people out there who we cannot and should never trust - remember Penguin Joe?

However, we should not tar everyone with the same brush!

I took early retirement and have set up this business for my son, unfortunately he is not interested and does not want it - crazy or what?

I do this to get out and about and enjoy meeting people (gets me away from the wife - chuckle), so for the op as previously stated look for someone who is retired wants to get about and is grateful for the opportunity as well as earning some pocket money.

There is loads of them about, just need to find them.

And, provides you with a trustful person when you are on holiday!

Go for it and make someone happy, I might have to do the same myself in the not too distant future.
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Also, if you had doubts about anyone collecting the takings why not:

Have 10/15 machines available without labels and just fill them up the night before with a customers stock requirements, the person only has to swap over a tower that takes less time than actually filling a tower on site - you can then empty machine at your premises, then restock with the next batch of customers for that person to deliver etc.

They can make a note of sales themselves to ensure they get correct payment from you etc.

At least that way you can work with someone for several weeks so you can get to know them better.
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by PabloV8 »

Not sure how freelancing works so you could investigate that or make someone self-employed to empty/stock your towers.

Good luck anyway.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Ross, don't employ anyone. I've had someone operating some of my sites since 2008. Pay 20p gross, must be self employed and responsible for their own costs and must be trustworthy.

Pete
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

PGBrew wrote:Ross, don't employ anyone. I've had someone operating some of my sites since 2008. Pay 20p gross, must be self employed and responsible for their own costs and must be trustworthy.

Pete
If they are self employed and if they don't pay their taxes you are still liable for them.

Barbara