General vending talk
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: North East
Referred by?: Web search

Pallet Delivery

Post by Big Chris »

When getting a pallet delivered, so i the reciever have to be able to take the pallet of the wagon, or do they do it for me?

Also who is generally the best to go with for this service?

Kind Regards
Chris
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: Pallet Delivery

Post by Snackmore »

A pallet delivery will normally mean to kerbside, in other words they will unload from the wagon and have a pallet truck to put either in your premises or as near to etc. I have no experience of booking a pallet collection but am sure they are all much of a muchness as they tend to go to a distribution centre and then farrmed out to other couriers
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Big Chris »

Cheers Steve.

Appreciate that. :thumbup:
paulb
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: North West, Cheshire
Referred by?: google

Post by paulb »

Allot depends on the driver too Chris, I bought a pizza oven a few years back and it weighed about 130kg, I got a kerbside delivery and the driver turned up and said theres no chance of you carrying that.

A minute later he dragged a pallet truck from the back of his van and spent about 20 minutes helping me get it into the garden. I think the company were Palletline.

On the flip side I bought a laser printer a few months ago and it was left literally on the kerb, driver drove of and left me to unpack it and unwrap all the black banding. I was cursing :x :x

Cheers
Paul
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Big Chris »

Hi Paul,

I am using palletline, as one of few people i actually found who do it.

Just shame there website keep crashing while i am trying to sort the delivery and payment out. Will ring them in morning.

Thanks for advice. :thumbup:

Regards
Chris
david@naughtyvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: National & European
Machines Used: Washroom Electomechanical & Electronic
Referred by?: Matt Slater

Post by david@naughtyvend »

There's a broad range of suppliers to choose from and all work in the basis of a Euro Pallet which is 120x100 cm at the base, your height is usually up to 180cm or 90cm for a half pallet - which is cheaper than a pallet but be sure to state whether stackable eg another half pallet on top. An economy service within the mainland of Britain should be about £55 to £65 and remember to state that a tail lift is necessary, also tell them about any restrictions at the delivery address where a larger vehicle may not be able to gain access or turn etc.

The service is down to the driver but by letter it is kerbside - get your own pallet truck if you have somewhere to keep it such as an integral garage at home (assuming that is where you work from) else you will be splitting down on the garden path. Then you will soon find out how much your neighbours really like you and hold a grudge for not inviting them to that last barbeque, commercial rates demands for your home will follow from the council...