Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: North East
Referred by?: Web search

New Ideas

Post by Big Chris »

Hi all,

Would like some people to critique some of my ideas, see what they think...

I am the same as most vendors, i have the same type of places ect, such as pubs, kids soft plays the odd industrial site. I was thinking of trying some new sites the 1st being buses, well coaches to be exact, i was thinking if i could somehow mount maybe 2 x 20p beavers in differant locations on the bus. Thinking behind this is that kids get bored on buses and generally will be drawn to a machine. Say find a msall holiday firm with 20-30 coaches to trial it.

The next site i was considering was churches/hindu churches. My thinking behind this is that all churches struggle financially compared to some time ago where a lot of people would go to the church and give, but less people now go and give less in the donation boxes. I live near a hindu church were there is regularly at least 50-75 kids every saturday in the church all day, so maybe this could work??

Another idea i had was schools, although not relating to sweets, somehow looking into converting/building a machine (speak to lee, he seems to enjoy doing this) that will vend school equipment. Such as pens, rulers and other types of stationary, as kids constantly run out of this stuff, i would imagine you wouldn't be making a fortune but there could be something in it?

Just some thoughts if they are cr*p, then please say so, or if you think they ould be tailered to something similiar.

Cheers all :thumbup:

Chris
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Re: New Ideas

Post by part-time-operator »

i have some experience in the coach hire business and the main problem i can see is if the kids leave a mess from the packaging or the sweets and toys themselves. if the coach company has to spend another half hour of drivers wages to clean it up then it wont be worth it for them...especially if chocolate gets into the upholstery!
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

yeah most coaches ban eating sweets

Ade
chris gibbs
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: norfolk
Machines Used: pringles and tubz vending machines
Referred by?: kris from tubz vending

Post by chris gibbs »

Big Chris wrote:Hi all,

Would like some people to critique some of my ideas, see what they think...

I am the same as most vendors, i have the same type of places ect, such as pubs, kids soft plays the odd industrial site. I was thinking of trying some new sites the 1st being buses, well coaches to be exact, i was thinking if i could somehow mount maybe 2 x 20p beavers in differant locations on the bus. Thinking behind this is that kids get bored on buses and generally will be drawn to a machine. Say find a msall holiday firm with 20-30 coaches to trial it.

The next site i was considering was churches/hindu churches. My thinking behind this is that all churches struggle financially compared to some time ago where a lot of people would go to the church and give, but less people now go and give less in the donation boxes. I live near a hindu church were there is regularly at least 50-75 kids every saturday in the church all day, so maybe this could work??

Another idea i had was schools, although not relating to sweets, somehow looking into converting/building a machine (speak to lee, he seems to enjoy doing this) that will vend school equipment. Such as pens, rulers and other types of stationary, as kids constantly run out of this stuff, i would imagine you wouldn't be making a fortune but there could be something in it?

Just some thoughts if they are cr*p, then please say so, or if you think they ould be tailered to something similiar.

Cheers all :thumbup:

Chris
Hi Chris had the idea of putting machines in buses as soon as I started this asked the largest operator (i already worked there)but didn't cross the first hurdle as health an safety stepped in as your supposed to be seated at all times whilst the bus is in motion, sorry pal regards
Chris .
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

I see your point having lost a machine this week. When the pub changed hands i went in and my machine had gone with the new landlord saying it wasnt here when i took over last week.

Today for me has been about barber shops were i have done 2 installs. Im my experiance if you get a busy city based barber shop with 4 chairs and 4 barbers plus it can be a good site. a small shop with 1 or 2 chairs i would not be intrested in

They dont change hands and they dont go bump to often ,and they are open in the mornings.
paulb
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: North West, Cheshire
Referred by?: google

Post by paulb »

I already approached my local church and you have to go through the regional diacese *spelling* to get them placed where the application is reviewed, it was to much hassle for me. Good luck though.

Community centers are my best tower site at the moment, I filled one up last week and emptied it yesterday - we only had 6 pots left. They have loads of dance classes in their at weekends.
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Big Chris »

What about pet shops??

Does anyone have any in them at the moment?
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

We have two schools that are two of our best sites. They wont let most kids near the sweets(thanks Jamie Oliver). We have sweets and Pringles in the six form common room.

Andy
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

We had two pet shops but the staff kept putting dog tags into the machines and so we had to remove them.
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Big Chris »

Noel,

Was that a national chain or a small independant pet shop?

Chris