Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Re: Which Provider - Hurleys, Snack-a-can, tubz vending or Sweetfix

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

So does that mean that you are the registered franchisor for honesty boxes for both the NSPCC and the ISPCC paul ???
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

Ade wrote:
Jon123 wrote:Hi Kris,
I have been told vidal will not supply any more strippy pencils as they stopped production at the beginning of last year and there was just stock in cirulation until that runs out. We've been doing the bold pencils and not sure on the sales front they don't look as good but still a steady seller for us.

Regards
Jonny

i prefer the bold pencils, way more tastier and sell a lot better than stripey ones for me

Ade
Ade it is complete opposite here in Norfolk/ Suffolk.
solid colour pencils are terrible sellers yet sripey do as well as the strawberry pencils!
No there is your regional differences for you!
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Post by FlintVending »

Paul@HurleysFoods wrote:
Jon123 wrote:6500 for some sweets and cardboard is an awful lot of money. Someone said on the forum ages ago. at the end of a tower business you can run the stock down and sell the machines at least you get something, these charity boxes are worthless and you would probably have to pay to get rid of them. too low margin per visit to make it work. self employed couriers who do 30 + drops a day don't start work until they have £190 in there pocket and they pay for there fuel and van. which would mean that they wouldn't do charity boxes unless there was £310 quid a day to collect.

On top of this if hurleys are giving £25,000 to charity minimum fixed payment then that means they need to sell 250,000 packets if they fall short I am assuming the pay out of there own pockets, if they sell 1,000,000 do they give everyone a 7.5p rebate per pack?

I had enough problems with Vending Revolution charity bulks the only saving grace from a very sour experience was that I could recoup some money lost by selling the bulks.

I would think very hard how much time it took you to get 6500 and whether all those days putting in graft to get to 6500 is worth spending in one go.

General Vending Chat may not be the right area for this posting as Im blowing our trumpet, but I felt I needed to reply to Jonny to set a few things straight.
Thanks, Paul.
You are right Paul, general vending chat is not a good area to discuss these boxes as they are not vending!
they are, in fact, the enemy of the vending to most operators, myself included! :wink:
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

FlintVending wrote:
Ade wrote:
Jon123 wrote:Hi Kris,
I have been told vidal will not supply any more strippy pencils as they stopped production at the beginning of last year and there was just stock in cirulation until that runs out. We've been doing the bold pencils and not sure on the sales front they don't look as good but still a steady seller for us.

Regards
Jonny

i prefer the bold pencils, way more tastier and sell a lot better than stripey ones for me

Ade
Ade it is complete opposite here in Norfolk/ Suffolk.
solid colour pencils are terrible sellers yet sripey do as well as the strawberry pencils!
No there is your regional differences for you!

Yeah its weird lol, think its the bright colours?

Ade
Newleaf
Area Covered: Warwickshire / Oxfordshire
Machines Used: newbie
Referred by?: google

Post by Newleaf »

dorsetvending wrote:Servicing 600 sites for return of 2 grand - a lot of work and diesel don't you think? - Vending can return u this in 15 prime sites for fraction time and diesel. Just get yourself those quality sites, don't employ me or anyone else - you really can do it yourself. People do value local quality operators so we all have a very saleable asset that few sell enough to potential new sites.
I think Paul was suggesting that you would make 2K profit on your start up order of 9600 bags, obviously if you were serious about making money you would continue to buy stock and service the boxes and potentially make more money.

I looked at vending towers before deciding on this business model and from what I could gather you would need in excess of 200 towers to generate a decent level of income, for in my opinion a very large investment.

My original post was concerning which operator to go with, with regards to vending towers and although I have decided to go down the honesty box route I think I chose the right provider in Hurleys.

Paul is right in that maybe this is not the right place for a discusion of honesty boxes when most of the posters on here are concerned with vending.
Ade
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

Newleaf wrote:
dorsetvending wrote:Servicing 600 sites for return of 2 grand - a lot of work and diesel don't you think? - Vending can return u this in 15 prime sites for fraction time and diesel. Just get yourself those quality sites, don't employ me or anyone else - you really can do it yourself. People do value local quality operators so we all have a very saleable asset that few sell enough to potential new sites.
I think Paul was suggesting that you would make 2K profit on your start up order of 9600 bags, obviously if you were serious about making money you would continue to buy stock and service the boxes and potentially make more money.

I looked at vending towers before deciding on this business model and from what I could gather you would need in excess of 200 towers to generate a decent level of income, for in my opinion a very large investment.

My original post was concerning which operator to go with, with regards to vending towers and although I have decided to go down the honesty box route I think I chose the right provider in Hurleys.

Paul is right in that maybe this is not the right place for a discusion of honesty boxes when most of the posters on here are concerned with vending.

Difference is if you sold your vending buisness on you would make a lot more than what you paid to start it up, dont think same could be said for a load of cardboard boxes.

Ade
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Vendingwarehouse wrote:So does that mean that you are the registered franchisor for honesty boxes for both the NSPCC and the ISPCC paul ???

Yes Noel. We have a contract with both companies to do this work for them. There is another operator who is/ was doing it for the NSPCC but we are the sole operator doing it for the ISPCC.
Best regards, Paul
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Newleaf,

Building a good vending business takes time & money - there is no way around that. Honesty boxes & vending machines are both notorious for honeymooning - business drops off after the first 6 months. I run an independant business and buy from all the suppliers mentioned in previous posts and others. My approach has been to get a machine into a site and grow the site by introducing other products. I grew ny business by employing site finders, buying up small business and my own canvassing. I now have a stable full time business. I agree with Noel, you should look at your product cost, 55p is too much. 600 sites is too many. 20% resiting is too costly & time consuming. 10% losses ia slso too high Honesty boxes are a great low cost way to get established, but look at your better sites and re-invest profits to get few towers in there, Pringles toys etc. As Matt says LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. You are then on your way to having a DIVERSIFIED, INDEPENDANT business.

All the best.

Pete
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Post by FlintVending »

PGBrew wrote:Newleaf,

Building a good vending business takes time & money - there is no way around that. Honesty boxes & vending machines are both notorious for honeymooning - business drops off after the first 6 months. I run an independant business and buy from all the suppliers mentioned in previous posts and others. My approach has been to get a machine into a site and grow the site by introducing other products. I grew ny business by employing site finders, buying up small business and my own canvassing. I now have a stable full time business. I agree with Noel, you should look at your product cost, 55p is too much. 600 sites is too many. 20% resiting is too costly & time consuming. 10% losses ia slso too high Honesty boxes are a great low cost way to get established, but look at your better sites and re-invest profits to get few towers in there, Pringles toys etc. As Matt says LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. You are then on your way to having a DIVERSIFIED, INDEPENDANT business.

All the best.

Pete
as always, great advise from Pete there :bowdown:
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Paul@HurleysFoods wrote:
Vendingwarehouse wrote:So does that mean that you are the registered franchisor for honesty boxes for both the NSPCC and the ISPCC paul ???

Yes Noel. We have a contract with both companies to do this work for them. There is another operator who is/ was doing it for the NSPCC but we are the sole operator doing it for the ISPCC.
Best regards, Paul
We do quite a lot of work for the ISPCC on another level and they say they have no contract with anyone to do the honesty boxes. In fact they say they have never dealt with Hurleys. Who do you deal with in the ISPCC.