Which Provider - Hurleys, Snack-a-can, tubz vending or Sweetfix

General vending talk
Newleaf
Area Covered: Warwickshire / Oxfordshire
Machines Used: newbie
Referred by?: google

Which Provider - Hurleys, Snack-a-can, tubz vending or Sweetfix

Post by Newleaf »

This is my first post and I have only been researching vending the last few days having come across the idea in a round about way. I was initially looking at an honesty box vending round and whilst looking at that idea was contacted by Barbara at Snack-a-can which in turn led me to here. Having read my self silly over the weekend trying to find out all I can regarding the above companies I am still trying to fatham out which way to go, or maybe just run a mile :mrgreen:

Now I have read that quite a few of you recommend going indpendent but I don't feel I would be confident in doing that just yet. I have had information sent to me regarding Snack-a-can and from tubz vending (including a contract which they say I would need to sign first). Not really found out much from Hurleys apart from their bundle offers on ebay and nothing with regards to Sweetfix because they are without a website at present. Personally I think so far that the Snack-a-can is quite a bit more expensive than tubz vending or Hurleys but they seem to give more realistic figures regarding sales figures.

Lastly if I was looking to get into this to earn a full-time income how many machines would you guys say was needed to achieve this?

Also what is a realistic sales return per site, 5, 10, 15 or 20+ sales per week?
valiant016
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Fylde Coast/Blackpool
Machines Used: Tower, Pringles, Beaver
Referred by?: slater210

Re: Which Provider - Hurleys, Snack-a-can, tubz vending or Sweetfix

Post by valiant016 »

Firstly welcome to the forum.

To sum up: you are not confident about going independent and therefore you are looking at the rival merits of packages etc, with the four main suppliers.
The suppliers.
SWEETFIX: Although I've only done business with them once I am happy with their service and prices. I also respect the fact they their launch helped put the pressure on the other suppliers to reduce their prices. However, they don't (as far as I know) offer any start up packages.
HURLEYS: I've done loads of business with them. Their prices and service level is very good. They recently scored a big hit (see other posting) by helping a vendor to purchase a pallet by allowing him 30 days (I believe) credit on part of the order. My only advice when ordering is to monitor what they say and when they say it, they occasionally move the goal posts, but to be fair stand by their promises.
SNACK A CAN: Never done business with them. However, I have bought some second hand stock from other vendors. The tins tend to crush easier the standard plastic or metal tins and cause jams.
tubz vending: As our American friends say, "I'll take the fifth" or in English "No comment"

I have never bought a package from the three suppliers and plan never to.
The cost is to high.

I appreciate that it's easy to preach when you are an established vendor, but really try to build it yourself.
You will be your own boss.
You will save money.
It will reduce future friction with the supplier that you are tied to.

I started with 12 machines in 2005. I then built up to 140-150 machines by 2007-2008.
I bought my machines from other vendors and only when I had too a few from suppliers.
I networked my area to build my round (site finding)
I asked existing sites to recommend sites (foot in the door!)
I use site finders when needed.
I now have a decent income.

Realistic sales?...measured monthly..if the site is doing less than 15 sales then look to improve the position within the site, change the type of machine, put more machines in to maximise the site or just change stock. If after a few months the return is still poor then find a new site, NOTE: don't move the machine if you have nowhere to put it, £15 per month is better than nothing!

Obviously it is your call, but start slowly and build independently, in the long run you will be happier and better off.

Good luck.

Valiant
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

valiant016 wrote:Firstly welcome to the forum.

To sum up: you are not confident about going independent and therefore you are looking at the rival merits of packages etc, with the four main suppliers.
The suppliers.
SWEETFIX: Although I've only done business with them once I am happy with their service and prices. I also respect the fact they their launch helped put the pressure on the other suppliers to reduce their prices. However, they don't (as far as I know) offer any start up packages.
HURLEYS: I've done loads of business with them. Their prices and service level is very good. They recently scored a big hit (see other posting) by helping a vendor to purchase a pallet by allowing him 30 days (I believe) credit on part of the order. My only advice when ordering is to monitor what they say and when they say it, they occasionally move the goal posts, but to be fair stand by their promises.
SNACK A CAN: Never done business with them. However, I have bought some second hand stock from other vendors. The tins tend to crush easier the standard plastic or metal tins and cause jams.
tubz vending: As our American friends say, "I'll take the fifth" or in English "No comment"

I have never bought a package from the three suppliers and plan never to.
The cost is to high.

I appreciate that it's easy to preach when you are an established vendor, but really try to build it yourself.
You will be your own boss.
You will save money.
It will reduce future friction with the supplier that you are tied to.

I started with 12 machines in 2005. I then built up to 140-150 machines by 2007-2008.
I bought my machines from other vendors and only when I had too a few from suppliers.
I networked my area to build my round (site finding)
I asked existing sites to recommend sites (foot in the door!)
I use site finders when needed.
I now have a decent income.

Realistic sales?...measured monthly..if the site is doing less than 15 sales then look to improve the position within the site, change the type of machine, put more machines in to maximise the site or just change stock. If after a few months the return is still poor then find a new site, NOTE: don't move the machine if you have nowhere to put it, £15 per month is better than nothing!

Obviously it is your call, but start slowly and build independently, in the long run you will be happier and better off.

Good luck.

Valiant

Great post, all thats left to say is NEVER sign a contract, if a company wants you to sign a contract then you are not starting up your own buisness you are becoming tied to something. i am independant but my recommendation to you is hurleys. they will expect you to buy their stock for sites they get you out of courtesy, not a contract thats all one way :thumbup:

Ade
Venderbase
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: 1
Machines Used: 1
Referred by?: 1

Post by Venderbase »

Personally I think so far that the Snack-a-can is quite a bit more expensive than tubz vending or Hurleys but they seem to give more realistic figures regarding sales figures.
What do you mean by more realistic figures?
Also watch out for the 12 monthly contracts, as you never know what's in the next one that you MUST sign!
sadler2886
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: wv,dy,ws
Machines Used: tower
Referred by?: internet

Post by sadler2886 »

realisic sales per week are 7-10 sales per week snack a can have lower weekly sales as they tend to target small footfall businesses.

regards
rich
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

sadler2886 wrote:realisic sales per week are 7-10 sales per week snack a can have lower weekly sales as they tend to target small footfall businesses.

regards
rich
Snack a can pay out commisions @ 5% to jelly bean campaign
Hurleys are @10% help for heroes or 20% commisions to site.
tubz vending are usually 20% commisions to site or some up 30% if its a national chain.
Sweetfix as stated before dont site find so you either pay commisions that you decide or go down the charity route set up yourself.
:thumbup:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Newleaf

Post by Newleaf »

Thanks for all the very informative replies. I have almost made my mind up, had a long chat with Paul at Hurleys this afternoon and I like their no contract deal not to mention the right attiude and did not slag off his competitors.

I am going to start small and try 10 towers to start, with a mix of H4H and 20% comms to see how it goes over period of time and if it works out and when I have gained some experience will either go down the indendent route or build up my round with small 10 or 20 bundles from Hurleys.
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi ,

You seem to have extraced all the info very quickly- good post. Where are you based.

Thanks,

Paul
Newleaf

Post by Newleaf »

Hi Rossi

I'm based near Banbury, Oxfordshire

Regards

Richard
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Excellent post Valiant

I too am independent and a small fry (I was mentioned in the post about creit from Hurley's) I currently have 25 machines having started in June. I have bought from both Sweetfix and Hurleys and recommend both. Do not sign any contracts!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I think you know that. I bought 15 machines from a guy who did not have the confidence to start alone, he paid ten grand for that confidence and got ripped off to boot. I can assure you that once you get a few sited, make several mistakes and balls up ordering stock that doesnt sell you will soon get the hang of it. Good luck and welcome aboard
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk