valiant016
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Fylde Coast/Blackpool
Machines Used: Tower, Pringles, Beaver
Referred by?: slater210

Re: Help For Heroes

Post by valiant016 »

I think that there are two threads of discussion here.

Firstly, if a second vendor puts any machine on an established site, it is worthwhile contacting them and trying to come to a friendly non poaching agreement. To help reinforce this you can mention that you would not likewise place a machine on one of their existing sites.
If the other vendor won't play ball then approach the landlord/owner and tell him you will supply him with the same machine and do exactly the same (whether H4H or any other charity).
If he still won't budge, then either grin and bear it or remove your machine.
You can of course target the other vendors sites.

Secondly, H4H is both a major breakthrough for our industry. Ten percent commission may not sound like much but when we add up the huge numbers of machines that have so far been placed and workout the grand total, this will generate many thousands of pounds for, I believe a genuinely good cause!
However, if individual vendors begin bad mouthing other vendors and tell landlords, owners etc. exactly how much commission is paid, then word could spread and the sites will start to believe that it is unfair in some way and then everyone loses, vendors and H4H!

The quality of sites being produced by this H4H campaign is significantly better than average.
I have personally removed one machine that clashed with another supplier and Rob at Hurleys as replaced it.

So remember there is always good another site out there, as the old saying goes, don't cut your nose off to spite your face, get on board with the H4H, it's should be a win, win for everyone.

Valiant
kris@tubzbrandsltd
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: south east
Machines Used: towers
Referred by?: New forum

Post by kris@tubzbrandsltd »

Hi,

I deal woth Rainbow vending they are a massive national company that locat there own sites. they do toy rides tower vending etc...

Flint has come across them.... if they are doing a charity angle they would have done it off their own backs...
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

"And then the little thugs get to scam all towers. I'd give that one a miss I think"

You didnt really think i meant it. There must be some way of conveying wit and sarcasm on t'internet LOL
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Post by popp665 »

Just on the subject of trolley tokens, I like to save all mine up and them use them in a certain large companies Towers who like to try and poach people sites (there not on her btw). I buy the most expensive lines and then put the stock back through my towers ;-0
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

popp665 wrote:Just on the subject of trolley tokens, I like to save all mine up and them use them in a certain large companies Towers who like to try and poach people sites (there not on her btw). I buy the most expensive lines and then put the stock back through my towers ;-0

I think thats just as bad as the person putting them in your towers.
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by popp665 »

Yes its unethical but as ive lost 5 sites through them alls fair in love and war im afraid.
clarekibb
Area Covered: north norfolk
Machines Used: towers
Referred by?: google search

Post by clarekibb »

Do you know what i never thought this business would steep so low people are talking about putting trolley token into competitors machines. They are already a problem that we have come across, it hurts our profit margin as you can imagine. I know it not good when you find someone has put a machine into one of your sites with a big advertisement for help for heroes, but if you have been with a site for a while and you can offer them the same deal talk to them most sites will ask for the other machine to be withdrawn they like to know who they are dealing with and not a stranger.

Its easy to register wih help for hero's. I have and I have gain site from it (none of these have been poached from any other vender), and I am getting more sells from these sites then some of my others.
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by popp665 »

There not help for heroes sites , theat would be a dirty trick! They claim 2 offer more commision but dont regular posters will know whom im refering 2
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

clarekibb wrote:Do you know what i never thought this business would steep so low people are talking about putting trolley token into competitors machines. They are already a problem that we have come across, it hurts our profit margin as you can imagine. I know it not good when you find someone has put a machine into one of your sites with a big advertisement for help for heroes, but if you have been with a site for a while and you can offer them the same deal talk to them most sites will ask for the other machine to be withdrawn they like to know who they are dealing with and not a stranger.

Its easy to register wih help for hero's. I have and I have gain site from it (none of these have been poached from any other vender), and I am getting more sells from these sites then some of my others.
Clare,

Hes not talking about putting them in anyones machines, but a certain company that has no problems with blatantly pinching a site from you without blinking or thinking twice.
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Hi there. We are siting about 40 machines a day so this problem is going to occur in a small number of sites that dont inform us that they already have a machine. The site finders do endeavor to find out if there is already a machine on site when they ring but dont always get told.
If this happens to anyone, please let us know straight away and we will have the machine that we have just sited removed and we will then give our customer a fresh, clean site.
We have had to do this twice in the last fortnight, so it doesnt happen often but is a pain when it does.
We hope that other siters respect the fact that a site isnt vacant if there is already a machine there.
Cheers, Paul.