Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Electronic Cigarettes

Post by Vendition Ltd »

I honestly believe we can all make some money in this emerging market and am really surprised to see there is not more conversations taking place on the forum about them!

We already have the sites so what a great opportunity to tap into the market and get another machine in our sites which has the potential to be a massive success

Is there any government legislation prohibiting the sale of e cigarettes in a vending machine? If not then why havn't I seen them out and about

Regards

Ross
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Electronic Cigarettes

Post by Coin Operated Group »

I agree Ross , massive market . Eshops/distributors popping up everywhere in Birmingham
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

there's always concessions in supermarkets etc selling them. seen a few inside independent shops as well. think its full of cowboys attracted to idea of easy money...surprised more operators aren't looking at it!
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Post by Vendition Ltd »

Iv been doing some research and have one company which had a great range of machines but problem is they tie you to the stock so margins arnt as good as they could be

I just don't understand why I havnt seen any of these machines in a pub yet???
alexlg
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Hampshire
Machines Used: none yet! (I want to be an operator)
Referred by?: I googled 'tubz vending'

Post by alexlg »

Vendition Ltd wrote:I just don't understand why I havnt seen any of these machines in a pub yet???
Is it legal? Is the nicotine in e-cigs derived from tobacco?

One man's effort to find out the uk government position:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... arettes_fr
Vend And Glow
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Ross from Vendition

Post by Vend And Glow »

As i see it there are a few issues. 1 is the legislation. Trying to understand it and then apply it to the industry seems a bit of a mine field. My understanding of it is that you can't sell TOBACCO from an automated machine. E-cigs don't contain Tobacco as far as i am aware. It's just liquid nicotine so therefore you should be OK to sell them.

The second issue i believe is the range of E/cigs out there. Those that vape probably get them off Ebay or the shops that are popping up in every town centre. This means there are hundreds of brands to choose from and the likely hood of a customer spotting their brand in your machine is slim.

I think the vending industry will make a lot of money out of Ecigs but only when the big boys like Benson and Hedges and Lambert and Butler etc bring out their own versions. They already have a huge following of their brand.

I haven't used an Ecig before but how many of one brand of Ecig will fit the mechanics of another brand? Just seems like too much choice to be honest which would mean having a huge capacity machine to cater for all the brands.
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Post by Vendition Ltd »

How do we find out whether it's allowed or not then?

There is a company on ebay selling them but I emailed with a few questions and just sent me an email back avoiding all the concerns and questions i raised such as 'can I legally install this in a pub?' Here is a link to their website

http://www.securevendingsystems.co.uk/e ... a-vending/

I think the big companies like perform will be jumping on this so we need to be smart and get in before them but I think a lot of questions are being unanswered due to the fact everyone wants to be the first to roll this out and gain market share so they don't seem to be giving anything away

If anyone wants to private message me please do as I am willing to throw thousands at this to get it off the ground
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Personally I don't see a market for these things in machines. I have had one a few months now, bought direct on the internet and buy the bottles of liquid online too for about £4 a bottle.

There are two different types: one has a chamber that you fill with liquid, and the other (the ones that look like cigs) has a cartridge that screws off the bottom and lasts about 500 drags before needing replacement.

The problem I see with this is that you can either sell the bottles of liquid in the machine, or you sell the cartridges in it, or possibly both. The liquid works in pretty much any chamber type device, but the other ones are not all standard.
I think you need to wait for one or two brands to emerge as the market leaders (a couple of years from now), and then possibly try it. But you will probably find everyone that has one buys the consumable parts in large packs on the internet, and you will only make a sale when someone has left theirs at home!!

with regard to legislation the government is going to outlaw the sale to anyone under 18 later this year, so it will probably ban self serve machines at the same time.
inkydoo
Referred by?: internet search

Post by inkydoo »

Okay, i Have 4 shops selling ecigs and have been looking for machines for some time, I am ready to install as soon as i get the right machine, I am certain the old cig machines can be retro fitted to cope. As for the market, I have been selling a particular brand for 6 years and is considered the best in the industry, as the market develops and the customers become more aware and educated they are beginning to realalise that as a rule the cheap juice is cheap for a reason, the cheap juice has actually strengthened my sales as people try it and return immediately to me. i would be selling as a premium product re branded exclusively to the pubs and clubs establishing a brand for that market. If there is anyone out there that has any machines and can retro fit to suit i would love to hear from you. I am in northern Ireland and only wish to attack this market initially so it could work both ways. We have for sure the best product, juice and hardware and could supply for another market namely mainland Uk with considerable mark up for anyone interested.
Just to note, from my experience as a vaper for nearly 7 years, and a weekend drinker, in my local, in my home town where I actually have a dedicated Ecig shop, I am approached after shop hours by my customers looking juice on a night out on many many occasions!
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

I think there is a machine that's already been converted one of the old cigarette machines I believe. I'm sure there was an old post about it somewhere
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com