General vending talk
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: North East
Referred by?: Web search

North East

Post by Big Chris »

Are there any North East vendors on here?

Who possibly want to meet up?

Looking into possibly a small North East vending club, whereby if there were a few of us, we could bulk buy from suppliers ect. Meaning we all get cheaper prices, and hopefully learn a few things from each other.

Chris
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: North East

Post by Coin Operated Group »

That's what we tried with the forum , but its hard to get commitment from operators.

But good luck to you anyway
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

The obvious problem is that when the suppliers margins are squeezed due to everyone ordering in bulk they will adjust the prices accordingly. Really nice idea but I think in practice it would be a massive amount of effort for a very little saving.
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Big Chris »

Thanks Matt,

And mark you are right probably, but it would also be nice to meet some other vendors in North East as i have been trading for 2 years and havnt met anybody else.
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

buying groups for this industry wont work...because everyone gets told that they get the best prices and everyone believes it. when actually we're all getting cr*p prices. so no-one will team up with you because their arrogance makes them think they are doing better than you anyway... plus, where are you going to get stock delivered to, who pays for it, what are you going to do when another operator who uses some crappy products doesn't collect them and you have to put them through your own machines. if you can persuade another operator to buy your stock for you and you collect it and pay for it whenever you feel like then you're onto a winner...actually, i might be interested in joining a buying group haha

your best bet is to buy as much stock as u can afford at a time and be willing to switch at every order. self-pack as much as you can be arsed whenever there is a special offer. places like hancocks/bookers/batleys have had loads of products on short term offers this year, but tubz vending/hurleys never do. there's really no excuse other than laziness for buying something like maoams pre-packed. get another credit card if necessary lol 56 days free credit so you can get the products, put them in machines and then get the money out of them all before you're charged a penny of interest

ps. mark if everyone orders in bulk it saves the suppliers money so if anything they could lower prices not raise them!! e.g. if everyone ordered with an operator on their doorstep there'd be half as many phone calls, half as many orders being dispatched and so half as many warehouse staff, half as many account managers and so on.... that's why wholesalers are (supposed to be) cheaper than retailers...
Welcome Vending
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: northe east
Machines Used: hot drinks snack can bottle food table top bevmax
Referred by?: internet

Post by Welcome Vending »

hi chris...

I have a vending machine business called welcome vending established 1999, we are based in middlesbrough and cover the north east...ring me if ye fancy a chat....07967-832066

gary
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Big Chris »

Hi Gary,

A coincidence maybe, but been in one of your sites today. The caravan place up by killingworth. Well one of the machines had your name so assume all three were yours.

The darenth wasn't working mate. Just incase you need to check it out.

Chris
cliffxtc
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: North East England
Machines Used: Pringles, towers, condoms, toys

Post by cliffxtc »

I'm based in Newcastle/South Shields. Been going for 7 years and do tubz vending, Pringles, Beavers, Tomy and a few others. 07795 386200.