Posts about Snack/Drink vending machines
Ryanlt
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Machines Used: Darenth 1066 Auto VIP
Referred by?: Google

Re: Darenth auto 1066 VIP

Post by Ryanlt »

Okay, so I've had the boiler switch on, I've filled the machine full of cups, there's plenty of water getting into the machine as I can vend cold water no problem, and yet I still have no light for the hot water and no light for sugar until I vend a cup. Once I vend a cup I try to get hot water but it comes out stone cold. Does this mean the boiler is dead?

Thanks again for all the help.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

If you have a voltmeter or multimeter you need to just check that you are getting 240v onto the heating element on the tank. If you are getting 240 on the tank element then yes new tank. But make sure the voltage is coming from
The board , to the heater over temperature cut out and to the element. Ensuring you have a live and neutral feed. Are you 100% you have reset theal cut out and it has pushed in?

Worse case scenario tank replacements aren't too expensive anyway

Regards
Matt
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Ryanlt
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Ryanlt »

Hi MAtt,

Got a multimeter, but not sure how I would check the voltage going to the heating element. Is the temperature cutout the brown plastic cross seen in the photo below? That's the nearest thing I can find to a button that can be press in. It seems pretty firm, I don't think it could be pushed in any further if it is a button.

There seems to be a single strand on copper leaving the back of what I think is the cutout, and entering the tank. Further back there's a similar bit of copper that is coiled, and entering the tank also. Should there be voltage across these?

Thanks again for the help,

Ryan
Ryanlt
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by Ryanlt »

Sorry that my knowledge is so amateur. If it wasn't already obvious this is the first machine I've taken apart.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

No the exposed copper is for the thermostat. The live cables will be have brown insulation on them and have spade connectors pushed onto the element on the tank
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com