Posts about Snack/Drink vending machines
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Re: Looking for Advice

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Snackmore,

I was looking at perhaps going into the pub trade - have recently retired from education however, was shocked with the amount of closures that was occurring in the pub trade so I fully understand what you mean.

If i purchased 25 machines - if one key fits all, is that not risky.

Still trying to find a machine so that I can sample the products - really want to see what people are paying a £1 for so that I can gauge if it is value for money.

If I venture into this field it will be for the long term - so far what I have seen looks good

Kind regards

Pablo :D
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Speak to Tubs and Hurleys and I have no doubt they would send you a sample box of filled pots however they are just sweets like you buy anywhere so Skittles, chocolate mini eggs, smarties, twix, rolo, mints, etc etc

As for keys as stated in earlier post never been an issue but you could change locks if you wish
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

You get 60 gram a pot so compared to shop bought they work out dearer but they are an impulse buy as most vending is
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Snackmore,

Thanks for the input - the guys at tubz vending said that the purchases are mainly impulse purchases, so what they say appears to be true but I would think value for money is essential to maintain repeat business. Having read many posts I can see why some operators purchase own tubs and merchandise to improve contents perhaps.

When you say change locks for 50/100/200 machines that could prove expensive - and would take longer to recoup expenditure.

I am trying to look at all angles because once committed to the cause - well then you are really stuck with what you have bought as many have had to sell units at a loss.

Kind regards,

Pablo :D
Ferry Vending
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Central Scotland
Machines Used: Toy/sweet vendors, rides, amusements, cranes
Referred by?: Ebay

Post by Ferry Vending »

Hi Pablo

I think Gus ( Rockhopper ) is his name on this forum operates down your way . Nice guy . Try pm him from forum if he is still on here .

Good luck .

Steve
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

I had the same reaction with the key situation at first, but now I have so many keys on my bunch I would gladly have one key that fit them all. I would suggest however buying in increments of 25 rather than buying 100 at once. I have met countless tubz vending franchisees over the last year selling rounds that still have 5 or 10 machines in the spare bedroom waiting for sites!
tubz vending love biting off more thsn they can chew when it cimes to plscing machines...
alexlg
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Hampshire
Machines Used: none yet! (I want to be an operator)
Referred by?: I googled 'tubz vending'

Post by alexlg »

I bought a round of 50 tubz vending machines off a very decent chap who hadn't noticed all the keys were the same. Beautifully labelled up key rings and sets of keys in various boxes. A heavy and complicated load. He was visibly shocked when I just took my only set of keys out of my pocket and opened one of his cash drawers!
Some may say there are some unscrupulous operators in this business (aren't there in every?) but I've never been tempted to raid another tubz vending/Hurleys machine. Even though I've got all the keys!
The one time its come in useful is when a garage called me and said they'd seen my name/number on a vending tower similar to one they've been trying to get rid of for over a year! Would I replace it with one that actually had sweets in it? Turned out it was an old Vending Revolution vendor, still with cash in the drawer, which had been apparently abandoned by the vendor. I had just bought 10x similar machines from a retiring vendor in Bognor. So the garage staff were happy for me to give them back the contents of the cash drawer and bring in a machine of my own. I took the Vending Revolution machine off to incorporate into my own little 'fleet' and if the original vendor ever turns up to collect it, he'll get my number from the new machine and claim it back! Its not my greatest site, by a long shot, so I'm not entirely surprised he forgot about it.
PS Re tubz vending operators in Scotland - tubz vending had someone start up there about a year ago. They gave me his number to ring and discuss it with, before I decided. Apparently he was doing quite well. If they don't offer it to you, I might still have it somewhere.
Last edited by alexlg on February 3rd, 2014, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

HI Pablo,

Dont know what area of Scotland you are in but there's a round for sale on gumtree. Would probably offer you better value and already up and running.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/small-vending-machine-business/1047134927

Andy
rockhopper
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: browsing the web

Post by rockhopper »

Hi Pablo,
Don' t know if you are still thinking about going into tower vending, I live in North Ayrshire and have got a few towers in the area, I have some really good sites and some vey poor sites. I use tubz vending, but did not go down the franchise route. I used tubz vending for site finding, but none of them were particularly good, I only have 2 sites left that tubz vending got for me and I am considering resiting them myself. My best sites are ones that I found myself, I am not trying to put you off, it's not easy finding good sites in North Ayrshire. I think there is a tubz vending franchise operator in East/South Ayrshire, at least there was last year.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Regards
Gus