Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Fife
Machines Used: Palma M87
Referred by?: net

palma m87

Post by palmam87@fife »

Hi newbie here with a few questions

We bought a used palma m87 off ebay .all the snacks work fine but one of the six can hoppers doesnt work properly, no.6 in fact .thats the last on the right of the front nonfixed section.
the microswitch works ,it knows it has cans in the hopper but no motor noise is evident ..am i right in thinking its probably just the motor has packed in ?

The site we have the machine on has quite a few younger employees and they have expressed an interest in having the energy type drinks .

there are no under 18's onsite

Costco have one energe at a competitive price .its the skinny type can ..would it be possible to load these into the "chocolate " spirals on the machine if these spirals were changed for spirals of the correct spacing?
if so who would have these spirals ?

We are thinking that running several of these machines would be almost as easy as running the one ,due to being able to split the stock efficiently over a few machines .

Is there a still water option in a can ??

Thanks in advance :)

bill
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: palma m87

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Hi Bill,

Faulty motor question, try reset first option when you enter program mode (press c) what code comes up on display?

Energy drinks will fit in suitable spirals, make sure you put it on the bottom shelf only. You also need a guide rail for the cans to sit on.

Dont know of any water in cans but you can change the guides in the can dispensers to vend bottles however they are slightly more prone to jams if the drinks are not carbonated or the plastic is not solid due to less ridigity in the bottles.

Yes running more machines is better as you have stock rotation options, this is the major problem with large vending machines if you only operate one or two.

YOu can get all the spares from coffetek Tel: +44 (0)870 224 5316 coffetek.co.uk, speak to technical who will give you part numbers and order with pro forma

Hope this helps

any other questions please ask.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
palmam87@fife
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by palmam87@fife »

Thanks for your help

I have been in touch with coffeetek we will set an account up with them in due course.

The guide rails you mention ,these i take it you mean are the vertical dividers ? we have these on all the spirals .

We considered trying to get the machine to do bottles but it looks like if you do bottles then with the palma you loose the abilty to stock heavily the machine with cans .The three rows at the back take about 48cans each and the three at the front only 24 cans each .

As we are only onsite roughly weekly then there is the possibility of running out of one type of can in the front rows therefore we have loaded what we consider the main selection in the rear .

we have already managed to sell out twice the 24 cans in one of the front slots before we returned to refill .

Discussions are ongoing as to continue purchasing used palma machines or an alternate doing both cans&snacks .

As an independant i think our niche market could be smaller sites that the big boys dont see sufficient profit in ?

thanks in advance
bill
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

No not dividers, they sit raised slightly off the tray to help slide the cans off coffetek will know.

DId you have an error code up or you could just swap out the motor for a working one.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
palmam87@fife
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by palmam87@fife »

I havent noticed ever any error codes , i will probably just try the motor as you suggest .The sixth variety is badly needed to get the full benefit from the machine .We have a purchased a considerable amount of stock and could the extra flexibility .

When you stock your machines do you always keep to exactly the same can options or do you change one or two options about to give the users a change.

for instance we have tried tango ,lilt and rio in one slot

we were very surprised how quickly the rio riva cans sold out but only one costco in scotland keeps it :(
picked up several trays today though

thanks again
bill
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Funny all the different tastes, i found Rio a waste of time. I have coke, diet coke, Pepsi Max, Apple Tango, Orange Tango Irn Bru and Sprite. I normally change the least selling line with whatever is on offer. Do you have Makro Bookers or Bestway North of the border? Between them they normally have offers on. I buy Coke as although its dearer and less profit it shifts double everything else.
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

We sell majority britvic as thats who we are contracted to use, but Diet coke & coke where they insist on it. We also found rio to be a honeymoon drink.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
palmam87@fife
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by palmam87@fife »

I have a costco card and used to have a makro card although i havent used it in a few years so they probably chucked me off the system as i havent had a mail shot in years.
I found costco to suit my own tastes better but makro might be better for a wider range ?
Booker i have in my home town but dont have a card might register though
There is a med size place that wholesales juice and crisps /sweets only to independant shops and schools.
however whilst they are convieniently located the prices are much higher .
The costco prices on pepsi products seem keen and as a result we have stocked these in favour of coke we had diet coke in and whilst it sold the pepsi max seemed to way outsell it on that ground we took it out and will put in back in from time to time .

does anyone buy product from supermarkets or other outlets for resale ?

Its really hard to get a feel for the thing based on the relatively short term we have been operating.

one thing we have decided is to look to purchase another used palma get it working 100% then find another site ?
comments welcome ??
thanks again
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin

if you want to get into vending, dont ask. Just buy more machines...that is vending.The more you have the more you make. Listen to advice, that way hopefully you will prosper.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
palmam87@fife
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by palmam87@fife »

Would you recommend sticking with one type of machine or just buy what comes along at the right price ?

the palma seems to tick most boxes for a smallish site

very pleased so far with the weekly take for so few people it beggars belief what the takings have been in some sites i have worked at where there were 100 or 200 people onsite .

what do most people do two machines one for drinks and another for snack ?

bill