Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Klix/skittles & minstrels
Referred by?: Google

Snack/Can Combi machine leaking

Post by T-Vend »

Evening all..

Had a call from one of my sites this afternoon about one of my machines "springing a leak"... I went straight over, Expecting it to be the Tea Klix machine, But it turned out to be the Snack and can combi machine.

After speaking to the company I rent the machines from, They didn't seem that fussed (4.30pm on a friday afternoon syndrome) and told me that it was probably because air was getting into the machine and freezing against the refrigeration pipes, then when it did it's defrost cycle melted the ice onto the floor, and That I should just turn it off for 24 hours and it'll be alright.

Does this right true? The site aren't very happy as half the carpet tiles on the floor are wet, But it does seem to just be plain water. When I got there, there was no water dripping out the machine, But I've turned it off for the weekend to let it fully defrost as instructed.

Not sure what to think, but worried it's going to do it again at some point, I'm tempted to go buy a couple of drip trays to put under it and maybe even fill em with a layer of cat litter to absorb any water...

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks
James
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Re: Snack/Can Combi machine leaking

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Leaking water means that the evaporater tray is leaking. Open machine and look at evap tray, if theres no water in it then there maybe a leak.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
T-Vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Klix/skittles & minstrels
Referred by?: Google

Re: Snack/Can Combi machine leaking

Post by T-Vend »

Ok will look tomorrow, cheers matt