Starting up

Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
Scotsvending
Referred by?: Google

Starting up

Post by Scotsvending »

Looking for a bit of help.

I'm looking at starting up small 10/25 machines as a side buisness and looking yo grow if viable. Been looking at joining tubz vending and hurleys. Just looking for opinions on both.

Also they are saying that profit is between 45-50%. Hurleys are suggesting an average of 13k profit from 25 machines obviously this is top line and you have buisness expenses etc to come off of that. Would people going this say that this is possible?

I plan on using profits from 2 years to reinvest until have ability to go full time in this.

Thanks and regards
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Re: Starting up

Post by JavaGreen »

For every premier league footballer earning £250k a week...... there are thousands earning £250 a week
For every horse punter earning £1k a day there are ten of thousands with empty pockets
For every lottery winner.... there are millions wishing they had chosen a different number

In this game, no one earns 13k profit from just 25 machines. It really irks me that a company can attempt to cajole someone into thinking that they have struck gold.

You really need to go to the general section and read all of the posts in the starting up..... the majority still rings true, even more so following covid19. You really need to do your homework before parting with money.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

Now, what you have to wait for is the silly responses from some on this forum.... who are all exceedingly rich.... who all have those sites that somehow earn £500 a week. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You will get several responses :wink: :wink:

For sure, start in vending.... but expect to earn nothing for several years whilst you start up.... indeed, expect several rounds to become available.

Some people have done this by taxi (I kid you not), motorcycle (I am not joking), waiting for someone to use horse and cart! :x

Seriously, you need a small van to take machines around, service and hardest of all find the sites. You need to tell us what area you are in, some people maybe able to help.... but read the startup blog.

Pablo
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Hhhhmmm, Id expect you to get maybe 4k pa from 25 machines. Thats if there are any sites left after lockdown.
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

I think that is a more realistic figure Andy, me thinks that perhaps the guy has misinterpreted what was said to him. Everyone forgets about the operational costs, thinks everything is our profit.

The end of your sentence...... are you expecting to lose some sites?

I am for sure.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

13 grand profit from 25 machines!! :rofl: :rofl: :50:
Lmfao
Yeah maybe you could if a big operator in your area has just died and all his best sites are up for grabs and you somehow get in there before all the other competitors in the area. Sorry to be a buzz kill but anyone getting into this business in the midst of the current crisis is taking a big gamble imo. Yeah we might be slowly coming out of it now but it's going to be some time before sales return to normal. Unless you know of some specific great sites in your area that are available and yours for the taking I'd give it a few months and see what the lay of the land is then.

13 grand :50:
Scotsvending
Referred by?: Google

Post by Scotsvending »

Thanks to you all. That's what I was thinking about 13k being a bit on the generous side. I'm in tayside area of scotland. I was planning on get a small can. My current job has me away for 3 weeks then home for 3 weeks(if i get back to it) tbf they were saying 13k before expenses like fuel actually running a business running a van.
Ill have a look at the start up threads and have a read through. I would be looking to run this when still working until i got enough machines to actually make a decent living was thinking 200? By reinvesting money made into machines and not actually taking a wage out for 3/45 years
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

If you can run it for 45 years without taking a wage then you've got a reasonable chance of building it up into a decent business :thumbup:
Sorry only joking, I know that's a typo. Seriously though if you can do it for 4-5 years without taking a wage and you can still put the hours in site-finding and servicing existing machines then you may be able to build it up to 200 machines and that should earn you a reasonable living.

I think the mistake a lot of people make when starting in this business is thinking they can do a full time job and just dabble with vending on the side and expect it to somehow grow into a large business. You need to put the hours in to make it grow, running 25 machines alongside another job is no problem but if you get up to 80-100 machines or more then you're going to be working a lot of hours if your still working another job and the vending income may still not be enough to justify chucking your job in.

The main thing is to do your homework and spend some time looking at site opportunities in your area before you start spending any money. A lot of newbies post in the Introductions forum, a bit of a barometer for how they're doing is go down the list (when you're signed in) click on their name and see how many times they've visited/posted since they joined.

Loads of advice on here so as you say spend a bit of time to read through some of it before making any decisions
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

25 machines is enough to run your own 'trial'. You will be then able to have you own stats, better than estimates. Make some calls yourself to gauge what interest you may have locally. If you see another machine already sited give them a call. they might want to sell up.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

JavaGreen wrote:I think that is a more realistic figure Andy, me thinks that perhaps the guy has misinterpreted what was said to him. Everyone forgets about the operational costs, thinks everything is our profit.

The end of your sentence...... are you expecting to lose some sites?

I am for sure.

Ive lost some already.

3 x pubs total 5 machines.
1 x garage gone bust 1 machine
1 x cafe gone bust 2 machines

I suspect I have also lost others that I dont know about yet. We will be visiting sites where their head office has done a Coronvirus review and decided towers not allowed, also we will have businesses that have closed down on us already that we dont know about yet. On the plus side ive spoken to a couple of guys who are likely to sell up now so there will be some growth for us.

Andy