Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Barbara

Do you need certified to bulk vend

Post by Tufty »

Morning guys,

I was commenting in another post about how I have bulk beavers and a forum user asked if I was certified and had all relevant permissions to do so.

I perhaps naively didn’t realise this was a requirement for bulk sweets and more something needed if you are packing lots of individual pots from the same bag in your home.

I only have a few placed but I have gone to the location to fill. The skittles bulk comes in handy sized refill bags of around 1 kg so if the machine doesn’t need all of that I don’t open it.

Worried now that I need certified in something but not sure exactly what and how this would be granted as I have no packing premises as such. Perhaps a hygiene certificate is needed?

Any advice hugely appreciated
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Towers
Referred by?: PabloV8

Re: Do you need certified to bulk vend

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

Style will probably guide you on this or Steve sorry, cannot help.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

As far as I am aware you don’t need to have a certificate to run bulk vendors - they have been around from the beginning of time just about. I have had past conversations with FSA and trading standards when we used to pack sweets and I queried what their thoughts were on the bulk vendors and to be honest they are not bothered as there is no way of monitoring the process, ie bbe dates on lose products - how can you tell if you are pouring new product onto old/mixing it up etc. Rule of thumb is, does it look clean and taste ok if not chuck it out. The good thing with many products that are sold in bulk to vend are primarily sugar and sugar does not go off. Sugar can be affected by heat or moisture and if the product looked bad in the globe the public won’t buy it and that’s a good thing so carry on as normal, use common sense and keep your products in a dry place to keep it in tip top condition.

Kind regards

Barbara
Tufty
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Barbara

Post by Tufty »

Hi Barbara,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, I always value your opinion as I know you have seen and done it all.

I am enjoying vending so far,I have increased the number of towers I have and the ones you sited for me have been ticking over nicely.

The beavers were bought really as a wee bit of fun with my daughter but I actually really like them,the few sites I have placed them in so far will never make me rich but people seem to like having them and I enjoy having a bit more freedom about what product to buy for what location. My daughter is only 7 but she has been learning lots and loves working out how many pennies she can earn per vend.I like the almost casual nature of it all so it’s nice to know I won’t have to jump through any hoops to carry on doing it :)
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Hi Tufty

Good to hear you are still enjoying vending. There are a number of locations where a bulk vendor would be preferred to the Tower due to size and novelty. I personally am very fond of them and I do believe the market can become very hungry for them AGAIN! Most things in vending come back around after it has been rested for at least a decade. I have done a few campaigns for bulks in the last year and I have to say the reception has been good.

Kind regards

Barbara
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

i commented on your other post tufty barbara is correct, you dont need anything, but you do need ingredients to hand if anyone queries whats in your machines.

Ade