Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Re: Wetherspoons

Post by JustCraig »

I imagine that aside from the operators, who do donate a % of the revenue generated to H4H/Hurleys/tubz vending or whoever, I also imagine that there are a few operators who simply pocket the cash and maybe this is something that has come to light.

I do think however that it would be worth doing via head office - especially if you have all the necessary paperwork to prove that H4H approve of what you are doing.

Another possibility is the fact that when the machines are sites, maybe the % of cash that is given to charity is unclear? Maybe they are under the impression that 100% of the profits are donated to charity (or at least a majority %) - Perhaps when they found out it was a commercial partnership and the % donated is just 10% they saw it as misleading?
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Could it be possible that a bigger company has seen the potential in this chain too and has started a rumour in order to get the whole contract themselves. Just a thought. But I do remember a similar scenario recently about a company going after a chain contract and rumours flying about the place about independant operators being dodgy. Anyone else remember ??? Don't want to be specific as I don't want to get into any more arguments on here. Just saying.
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

Vendition Ltd wrote:I got a call today from a weather spoon site I have in Eastbourne asking me to remove my machine due to head office sending an email around telling them to have them removed. Massive shame as it sold over 50 pots per week, week in week out

So how has this rumour got around that the machines we have are a scam, is it worth contacting weatherspoons they are approved and endorsed by H4H

Regards

Ross

their charity is clic sargent i am working on it

Ade
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Post by Vendition Ltd »

Well done Ade, good luck and let us know

Noel I remember also! Something to do with perform marketing wasnt it? Lol if it was a large company spreading **** then they are ruining the tower vending business
Ade

Post by Ade »

Vendition Ltd wrote:Well done Ade, good luck and let us know

Noel I remember also! Something to do with perform marketing wasnt it? Lol if it was a large company spreading **** then they are ruining the tower vending business

someone was spreading crap as i spoke with a few marstons managers who told me they had the `its a scam` letter that we all saw. weatherspoons have emailed me to say they will be in touch soon, fingers crossed

Ade
dorsetvending
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Good work Ade, slowly slowly catch a monkey!
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Any chance of seeing the letter? Could you get hold of it, did it say who was from???
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Good work Ade.
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

Ade wrote:
Vendition Ltd wrote:Well done Ade, good luck and let us know

someone was spreading crap as i spoke with a few marstons managers who told me they had the `its a scam` letter that we all saw. weatherspoons have emailed me to say they will be in touch soon, fingers crossed

Ade

Yup I had the same problem with my marstons sites, even took one manager aside and showed them the bmycharity page etc... its so short sighted because in the end whoever spreads these rumours will kill off the charity towers and only commission based contracts with the chains will be left and that wouldn't benefit anyone...or would it :silent: :nono:
Ade

Post by Ade »

National Vending wrote:Any chance of seeing the letter? Could you get hold of it, did it say who was from???

cant remember who got hold of letter but they posted it up on here, i saved a copy, going to see if i can upload it

Ade
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.