tubz vending,Snack-a-Can,Hurley's or independent?

Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

tubz vending,Snack-a-Can,Hurley's or independent?

Post by Quinch »

I have been looking at different franchises but also considering going independent. I would like to hear from anyone that has or previously had a franchise and what sort of experience they had, and also from anyone running their business independently. Any advice on the pros and cons of either method would be appreciated.

Feel free to PM me about any experiences.
Thanks

Q
valiant016
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Fylde Coast/Blackpool
Machines Used: Tower, Pringles, Beaver
Referred by?: slater210

Re: tubz vending,Snack-a-Can,Hurley's or independent?

Post by valiant016 »

Independent is your best option.

Don't get tied into anything, you can decide who and when to buy from and take the best deals to suit yourself not the supplier.

I bought 12 machines and stated out as a vendor seven years ago and built the business to about 140 machines.
Buy the machines from other vendors, EBAY or where ever a good deal is going. Sometimes a supplier will have a re-conditioned on at a fair price.
Use site finders where required, ask friends, business and social contacts about sites.
A joiner did some work for me and after I got chatting to him he got me into a local sports club and those two machines are now doing over a 100 sales per month.

Being your own boss is the best.
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

100% agree with valiants post, spot on, i started off as a so called franchisee and wanted to go independant as thats what i always wanted but got painted a pretty picture by tubz vending. they didnt like it when i wanted to be independant and stirred up a lot of trouble with my sites.
now im doing better than ever and do not need tubz vending, they would get some custom off me if they hadnt been such children. sweetfix best option no hassle whatsoever.

Ade
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

Ade wrote:100% agree with valiants post, spot on, i started off as a so called franchisee and wanted to go independant as thats what i always wanted but got painted a pretty picture by tubz vending. they didnt like it when i wanted to be independant and stirred up a lot of trouble with my sites.
now im doing better than ever and do not need tubz vending, they would get some custom off me if they hadnt been such children. sweetfix best option no hassle whatsoever.

Ade
LOL!
Not happy with them are you Ade!
Who was your account manager?
mine is Kris and I have to say he is very good and I have had no hassle at all with them.
Maybe cos I started out independently and I never signed anything with them, who knows?

Nigel
Centurion
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Essex
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles, Condom, Blue Pill, Novelty
Referred by?: Phil Holindale

Post by Centurion »

FlintVending wrote:
Ade wrote:100% agree with valiants post, spot on, i started off as a so called franchisee and wanted to go independant as thats what i always wanted but got painted a pretty picture by tubz vending. they didnt like it when i wanted to be independant and stirred up a lot of trouble with my sites.

Ade
LOL!
Not happy with them are you Ade!
Who was your account manager?
mine is Kris and I have to say he is very good and I have had no hassle at all with them.
Maybe cos I started out independently and I never signed anything with them, who knows?

Nigel
Hi Nigel. Tough game for you today mate. Up the Spurs :!:
kris@tubzbrandsltd
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: south east
Machines Used: towers
Referred by?: New forum

Post by kris@tubzbrandsltd »

Hi Ade

You are very quick to write us off, but did you tell them the reason was because when you bought another vending business from a exisiting tubz vending operator (even him himself said to you do not do what you were doing) that was putting self packed products into a vending tower that had tubz vending branding on the machines in a very high profile site (snow dome).

We tried our up most Ade to come to agreements with you about just this site but you decided to put self packed producs in a 3 vending towers that were all branded with tubz vending on them. tubz vending Brands products are covered with PLI on them but home self packed products are not, so if a customer found a forgein object in the self packed ones you had put into that site product it would have looked damaging on (tubz vending Brands) us as a company.

I will most probably get shot down here form other vendors but i feel that the last statement that Ade made was very unfair and that view should have been made on the private side of the forum... :thumbdown:
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

[/quote]
Hi Nigel. Tough game for you today mate. Up the Spurs :!:[/quote]

Hi Alan

i think we handled ourselves pretty well at Anfield today!
The Canaries are singing again Tonight :thumbup: :lol:
Ade

Post by Ade »

kris@tubzbrandsltd wrote:Hi Ade

You are very quick to write us off, but did you tell them the reason was because when you bought another vending business from a exisiting tubz vending operator (even him himself said to you do not do what you were doing) that was putting self packed products into a vending tower that had tubz vending branding on the machines in a very high profile site (snow dome).

We tried our up most Ade to come to agreements with you about just this site but you decided to put self packed producs in a 3 vending towers that were all branded with tubz vending on them. tubz vending Brands products are covered with PLI on them but home self packed products are not, so if a customer found a forgein object in the self packed ones you had put into that site product it would have looked damaging on (tubz vending Brands) us as a company.

I will most probably get shot down here form other vendors but i feel that the last statement that Ade made was very unfair and that view should have been made on the private side of the forum... :thumbdown:

when a round is bought from another vendor for a price then if you check your facts you will find thats a deal between the 2 parties, and you have no right whatsoever to get involved. you threw your rattle out your prams because i chose at the time to try something different.
the tubz vending branding was removed from the towers anyway!!!
And then you decided to phone and hassle rest of my sites just to stick boot in, why is the statement unfair? truth hurt?

Ade
Ade

Post by Ade »

quote:(even him himself said to you do not do what you were doing)

?????????????????? me and the vendor didnt discuss at anytime what products or who`s i would be putting in towers
Ade

Post by Ade »

quote:We tried our up most Ade to come to agreements with you about just this site

not true! you wanted me to buy stock for other sites to, i had to compile a list of sites that i had so i would have to buy your stock for them, in return i was promised you would get me snowdome back. i decided blackmail is not something i adhere to!