Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
OscarHarris
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Referred by?: Google search

Site finding advice

Post by OscarHarris »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and vending in general. I have been reading past and present posts for the last week or two and have come across some very useful information, it seems to be a very helpful community. I have however failed to find a specific answer for one very important question regarding site finding.

Just to confirm I'm currently starting with sweet vending towers and have just 5 of them. Like most people starting I have a full time job and limited time each week to site machines. I have come across lots on information regarding what type of venues to site machines in. I have also come across lots of good information regarding methods of placing machines, walking in to potential sites with a fully stocked machine being my favourite so far :clap:

From what I have read, the people on here that offer site finding services come highly recommend and seem to get great results in this area.

So my question is: with so many potential sites available and many different methods of placing them what strategy do you "professional site finders" use when hitting an area for a day or two in order to site a good number of machines in the right sites with immediate affect? What type of sites do you concentrate on for best results quickly and how do you find them?

It feels that I could spend days placing machines in poor performing sites, or visiting sites that are unlikely to take a machine immediately if at all. As I only have a short time each week I didn't want to waste it with this process of trial and error learning. I am hoping that you guys that have already done this may be willing to share your experience to help me and any other new guys.

Many thanks, Jay.
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Re: Site finding advice

Post by dorsetvending »

Family pubs, kids play centres, holiday parks, tattoo parlours. One big surprise for me in terms of sales is stables - they are gr8 sites - no shops 4 miles - kids parents are loaded .....one thing I will say finally is if u want to make proper money double up the machines on decent sites - one sweet one toy vendor
OscarHarris

Post by OscarHarris »

dorsetvending wrote:Family pubs, kids play centres, holiday parks, tattoo parlours. One big surprise for me in terms of sales is stables - they are gr8 sites - no shops 4 miles - kids parents are loaded .....one thing I will say finally is if u want to make proper money double up the machines on decent sites - one sweet one toy vendor
Tattoo parlours and stables I had not thought of cheers.
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

OscarHarris wrote:
dorsetvending wrote:Family pubs, kids play centres, holiday parks, tattoo parlours. One big surprise for me in terms of sales is stables - they are gr8 sites - no shops 4 miles - kids parents are loaded .....one thing I will say finally is if u want to make proper money double up the machines on decent sites - one sweet one toy vendor

Hi Oscar
Just my two penneth here, but I have tried two and both been dire.

Where are you based.

Thanks,

Paul
dorsetvending

Post by dorsetvending »

Shame Paul mine did £100ish and £130 month respectively, shows how sitting is no exact science
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire

Post by Snackmore »

Hi Oscar, you are in a similar position to me. I started in June with 1 tower, now have 16 sited (Pringle/Sweet) with 5 more to go out. I too work full time and struggle to get the time to sell. I have found that if you stick local and concentrate on the outlets that you know are busy you will have a good turnover. I was selective with sites and only went where I wanted my machines, to date only 3 knockbacks and one of them has now closed so am quite chuffed really. If your not on the coast then family friendly pubs are the most obvious sites to hit, then if you consider the others , I have a dance school which averages £25 a week for both machines, I want to get a shopping mall though thats where the real money is, have a contact in Oxford who has 3 machines on one site and pays £150 a month in commision alone!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

dorsetvending wrote:Shame Paul mine did £100ish and £130 month respectively, shows how sitting is no exact science
Thats brilliant Gavin, but you are in the british riviera, not like me, in sunny scunny. I might move. :lol:

Paul
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Stables yes will agree great sites
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
dorsetvending

Post by dorsetvending »

Rossi fan wrote:
dorsetvending wrote:Shame Paul mine did £100ish and £130 month respectively, shows how sitting is no exact science
Thats brilliant Gavin, but you are in the british riviera, not like me, in sunny scunny. I might move. :lol:

Paul
Lol drizzly Dorset this Summer!
OscarHarris

Post by OscarHarris »

Rossi fan wrote:
OscarHarris wrote:

Hi Oscar
Just my two penneth here, but I have tried two and both been dire.

Where are you based.

Thanks,

Paul
Cool, thanks, guess I'll have to try and see how it works out for me. I'm based in Wolverhampton and just trying to keep things local for now.