Advice much appreciated

Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
Beyonce
Referred by?: Search engine

Advice much appreciated

Post by Beyonce »

Hi there folks, I'm new to this forum and the vending industry but am looking to get involved so currently doing my research. I'm glad I found this site since it seems to be the first place to actually get chatting to people who are doing it every day.

I've had a read through quite a few posts and am looking to get into the tower vending side of things so basically I'm just wondering what the best way to get the ball rolling is.

There are the start-up packages offered by tubz vending/Snack-a-can etc however would you recommend to go down this route or to try to go independently

Also, without opening a can of worms can, can anyone shed light on why some companies offer 5% commission whilst others 20%?

No doubt I will be back with more questions but for now I will leave it at that and welcome any comments

Cheers!
Jon123
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Cornwall
Machines Used: bulk vender

Re: Advice much appreciated

Post by Jon123 »

Hi,
My advice would be to go independent.

Stay clear of Snack A Can unless you enjoy misleading your customers as the 5% is what you give to charity so the site recieves nothing. you get a less quality of site and most sites are under the impression most money goes to charity and if they knew it was 5% you would loose the site. Its a flawed model.

Giving comission to site is the way foward. everyone know where they stand. tubz vending offer a good site finding service but tie you in to there stock. Hurleys offer a site finding service but is mainly linked to H4H which is not to dis similar to Snack A Can.

There are also some indpendent site finders this is what I use. Happy dave who I would recommend on here and Gavin if he is available. Alternatively if you are good at sales go have a go yourself. Brochure is definately needed and try and do as much groundwork as possible i.e. who is the landlord, when is likely to be in... etc..

Good luck.

Jonny
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

hi beyonce,

are you the singer lol, where are you based? totally agree with jonny, go independant, you can always use tubz vending or hurleys at a later date if you need to, its so much harder doing it the other way round as with tubz vending your tied in, and they get very upset if you stop buying! i use sweetfix for sweets (advert at top of page) as they are nice people to deal with, cheapest on the market and in my opinion out sell the others. plus they have the knack of understanding that your the customer. Theres enough grief starting your own buisness up so having a good supplier is important.

Good luck and welcome.

Ade
dorsetvending
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Always have been independent and like it v much. With site finder u pay for what u get. Bit like a motor really pay next to nothing u get a poor deal. Pay site finder decent fee u get a site worth something. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. If you ever sell your round it will be worth 6 to 9 months of your turnover. So let's say really decent tower site does £120 month (they're the exception), that one site is worth £720 to £1080. Get a poor telesales site doing £10 month its worth £60 - 90 if u were to sell. Suddenly free sites look less attractive.

Please take this with knowledge that I am biased as I site find and get decent results. But I charge for being on the road, being away from my business, and offering my skills to you.

Do not get a franchise. I repeat do not get a franchise. Buy your own machines and get them site for a fraction of overall price.
Beyonce

Post by Beyonce »

Thank you for the comments so far.

It seems pretty clear that getting tied in with a company is not the way to go so I thank you for that as I had been leaning that way.
I am based in Northern Ireland- are you aware of anyone who offers site finding over here?
Also, with regard to the machines themselves, are there any to avoid or it a case of you get what you pay for?

Cheers!
dorsetvending
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Clenport all the way
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

theres a mini round for sale in lisburn belfast on gumtree
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

Sweet vending machine business for sale
£2,000 lisburn, Belfast
Save
Get email alerts

Reply to this ad or andy on 02892663677

25 "tubz vending" & "Pringles" tower vending machines
9 sited in prime locations within the leisure sector
Remainder can be easilly sited
100-166% profit mark up
Easily Maintained
Buying this franchise new from a dealer would cost around £6000
Owner has to sell due to other work
Bargain price for quick sale £2000
Tel ; 02892663677
Beyonce

Post by Beyonce »

Glenn thanks for that but I actually enquired about the ad a few weeks ago and it was already snapped up!