FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Re: Jams

Post by FlintVending »

Thanks for reply PT operator!
You don't mention what stock you use but I assume its tubz vending?
When I get a Jamm, I completely strip the tower of all segments as the pots come open its the only 100% safe way i know?
Please give me more details of what you did in your "stripped down rebuilt and upgraded my machines"
how much did it cost?
Not keen to Upgrade because of who I buy stock from.
Although not perfect, the old tubz vending pots worked much better IMO
Nigel
nivending
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Referred by?: Google

Post by nivending »

That's also what I do to with a jam. Strip it down, clean and reassemble.

I also seem to get the bottom segment broken with some jams.

I've compared a clenport with a Chinese machine and the clenport segments and dimpled locator
Are thicker and seem to lock together better so I might start using the clenport parts on the Chinese machines.

How can you tell if the barrel is the issue?

Also the machine I stripped I could not get the centre of the segment to align With the arrow on the base no matter how I adjusted the bottom segment so what's wrong here?

I've 135 machines out so this is a real pain.

Thanks
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

With regard to the Chinese towers that has been mentioned, please note that there are two types of Chinese Towers out there. You have the one that we used to manufacture and you also have the Intervendors Towers. There is not a lot between them, but if you look at the body you will see that the body mouldings are different. The ones we used to get manufactured have vertical flutes repeated several times around the body. The Intervendors Towers have a different design in that they have one flute at the front on the body. The Clenports' bodies are completely smooth all around. So now, you can identify whose Tower you have.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Barbara
nivending
Referred by?: Google

Post by nivending »

Hi Barbara

Is one better than the other and why.

When you had so many machines out were you getting jams often?
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Hi NiVending

They all work absolutely fine and do the job as designed. We operated several thousand of our vendors and the Clenports and we hardly got any jams. Jams primarily happened when the user was trying to be forceful or not using the coin mechanism for what it is designed for resulting in either something breaking or misalignment or if the top of the pot pinged open.

From our past experience of jams, when we first put our cans out into the market place we did get jams as our cans were about 1mm too short - which happened when the foil lid was compressed onto the metal composite can so from our second delivery onwards we increased the height of our cans by 1mm and that rectified the situation. I know a lot of tubz vending customers who have our towers and I have not received feedback to say that they are having lots of jams so I am unable to comment to be fair.

From time to time we all get troublesome towers and for those we used to do a complete strip down, check that everything was in it's right place and put the tower back together again. Everything that you are doing.

Are the jams happening on all of your towers or on just a few?

Have you checked your tension springs - one which sites on the locking collar and one that sits at the bottom of the spindle. If the springs have lost their tension slightly, try and prize them apart to give them back the 'tension spring' as that might help.

Without looking at your tower(s) it is difficult to ascertain why you are getting jams and I am sure if there was an issue with the tubz vending pot then there would be a load of people having the same issues. Sorry I can't be of further help. Hope you get it sorted.

Kind regards,

Barbara