Jams

Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
nivending
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Referred by?: Google

Jams

Post by nivending »

Had a couple of jams in towers were the pot gets squashed mid vend.

Seems to be only the Chinese machines.

Any ideas on what to look for as to why?

I've noticed the Clenport segments have thicker numbs were the bottom segment sits on the black dimpled bit. This bit has also thicker and more robust looking than the Chinese machine.

Can these parts be interchangeable, if that's the problem ?

Also what's the lifespan of these parts?

Thanks
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Re: Jams

Post by Siting Services »

Hi NiVending

Whose pots are you using? tubz vending or Hurleys?

I have done a very comprehensive reply on jamming in another thread "non vending" which will hopefully help you.

Kind regards,

Barbara
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

As I can't post up the link, I have cut and pasted the reply:

A pot not entering the vending drum can basically be caused by two fundamental issues. The most likely as has already been mentioned is the column not accurately lining up with the vending drum. This can be caused by two potential issues, firstly wear on the indexing ring (dimple ring) OR semi-spheres on the body. Secondly, a weak indexing ring pressure spring, this causes the indexing process to become weak and allows the column to misalign. The springs lose their tension over time and can be invigorated by stretching them to restore their pressure. When correctly working the tower trays should be able to be turned but will positively index themselves for all nine columns.

Another potential issue could be the cans sticking in the column. This can be caused by any misalignment of the trays in relation to each other or any damage to the ribs within each tray that guide the can. Check that these are intact and not damaged. It has been mentioned that tubz vending vending cans are slightly shorter than Hurleys. This in itself would not prevent the can from dropping into the vending drum, but as the height of the can is critical to ensuring that the following can does not jam the vending drum, this maybe the issue of you are getting drum cans with the following can.

Hope the above is of help,

Kind regards

Barbara
nivending

Post by nivending »

Thanks. Currently using tubz vending pots.

Just spoke to tubz vending who have advised they have a new barrel and coin mech in stock which I'm told are far superior.

Anyone any experience before I buy several dozen.

Cheers
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Haha, tubz vending products jam because they are a different size, Their solution "Buy a new coin mech and barrel from us". Hhhhmmm, have you considered changing suppliers?
nivending

Post by nivending »

Hi Barbara. What's your phone number for site finding .

In fairness tubz vending responce re the new mech was to over come the little spring and finger popping out allowing free vending which is another problem.

Cheers
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Hi NiVending

Feel free to call me on 01476 552375. Best times to catch me is first thing or later on in the day about 4.30pm which is when I tend to stop my campaigns - if you do call during the day you will probably get the engaged tone. :-)

If you want to write to me, I can respond very quickly and my email is: barbara@vendingsitingservices.co.uk

Speak soon, all the best,

Barbara
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

nivending wrote:Hi Barbara. What's your phone number for site finding .

In fairness tubz vending vending responce re the new mech was to over come the little spring and finger popping out allowing free vending which is another problem.

Cheers

I was contacted by one of my customers last week saying he had a solution for that problem which he says is cheap to repair. When you call regarding site-finding I'll pass on his details.
FlintVending
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridge
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringle, rings and pills, lighters

Post by FlintVending »

nivending wrote:Thanks. Currently using tubz vending vending pots.

Just spoke to tubz vending vending who have advised they have a new barrel and coin mech in stock which I'm told are far superior.

Anyone any experience before I buy several dozen.

Cheers
I am going to email Kris about this as I am having Jamms in both Clenport AND chinese machines with this cursed new pot.
I am not totally blaming the pot as my machinery is all 5+ years old now.
However it is 90% a stock problem as its all getting squashed in bottom of tower.
These new pots are just not as rigid, and if they get squashed by the Barrel, the papar seal breaks and the lid pops open in the machine, I have pulled several LOOSE lids from Barrels with Pliers recently.
The fact that tubz vending are suggesting you buy new Plastic Barrels is an "admission" of a problem with there new pot as I see it.
I would happily go back to the old pots but was told by tubz vending they no longer Avaliable.
All my machines are Metal Barrel and I never had this many Jamms with Hurleys.
Not willing to replace barrels in 100+ towers, where do i go from here??
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

are you sure it's the pots? What's your procedure when you get a jam? I don't get as many jams as I used to having stripped down rebuilt and upgraded my machines, haven't had one for over a month and the site owner unjammed it himself without me going out or the pot getting destroyed! Definitely well worth the time to take care of the machines, much better to work on them in your garage at your leisure than on site under pressure.