Posts regarding Bulk vending. tower vending and toy vending machines
KASE
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: Wales Dorset Hampshire
Referred by?: google

Re: Credit where credit is due

Post by KASE »

totally understand about the couriers. I ve received goods with foot shaped hole in the box where it seems they ve played football with my parcel. But if i ordered a book from amazon that arrived damaged and i complained and then 2 replacements arrived damaged too i would be p@!$ed off. If their reply was you To have to order 10 books next time we can then send them in a box to ensure safe delivery, i am not sure i would see them as a good company. Obviously in this case the vender has set up a credit facility which works well for them, but it does question whqther hurleys can provide smaller orders in good condition. Or is this a one off and an unusual situation, or do all suppliers have similar issues with orrers that are not oallets?
KASE
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by KASE »

Orders that arent pallets even ! Damn fat fingers
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Hi KASE. We send between 10-20 packages out a day. UPS do a great job on the whole, believe me when I say we have tried every major parcel courier and they are the best by a long shot. But, unfortunately there are a few specific drivers that cannot be arsed to do their job properly. Complain as we have, the one customer kept having his parcel deliberately dropped. I tried to resolve it the correct way but when I failed I came up with the next best solution that only inconveniences HUrleys and not the customer. 99% of our parcel deliveries are OK so Im not going to change carriers due to one or two bad eggs. It sounds like a cop out, but its a solution that works for all in this case.
KASE
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by KASE »

hi paul,

I didnt know if it was a common problem with smaller deliveries or just an isolated case. From what you said its a one off. Fair enough !
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

to be fair KAse,when i bought off tubz vending and snackacan i had damaged boxes, stock nicked from the top. Reading on here and speaking to peopleHurleys have had occasionally the same, and me now being a supplier have had to bollock the courier companies and make a claim for missing damaged boxes. If you did a straw poll on here id guess a lot would say theyve had the odd issue so we are allin the sameboat.
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

It's not a matter of saying you have to order more to get undamaged deliveries Kase, it's more of a solution as in , if we can manage to take a 1/2 pallet, the courier can't kick it around and so it won't get damaged. Not ideal I know but it's more of a productive solution than wasting any more man hours with futile complaints. It is a fact of life that with couriers, the smaller the parcel the more it gets chucked about.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

That's true, but also more than 1 layer of kling flim and also cardboard edging would help! I've luckily never had any serious damage to stock being delivered, but I've had palletts whose contents have been spilling over off the pallett. Christian at ATN does a first class packaging job as does Cranedoctor.

Pete