HELP! Getting lots of jams all of a sudden :(

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

HELP! Getting lots of jams all of a sudden :(

Post by newmark »

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me - I have a problem that is driving me mad!

Ive got a few machines on site and very rarely had any problems or jams, maybe one or two over the last 3 months.

However, in the last week I've had 6 machines jam, both on site and when testing at home. As far as I can see, there are only 2 things I've changed recently.... could any of the following cause the problems?

* new spring.
* replacement dimple ring.

My thoughts are that the spring wouldnt make any difference, unless anyone has experience to suggest otherwise?

The dimple rings were "used" parts I bought and seemed fine, machine seems to clunk into each position nicely when I rebuilt them. However, after searching on the forum I see that the dimple ring *could* potentially cause the problem as if the dimple ring is not exactly right, the column is held fractionally to the left or right, and this difference in alignment could be enough to cause the problem.

Anyway, I've swapped the dimple ring back to the original "used" on one of the machines this afternoon and I've emptied the machine twice by vending all the pots and it ahas not happend since - so, unless it is totally random it looks like the dimple ring WAS to blame.

Are all dimple rings the same? When I bought the used parts I did specify that they were for a chinese/tubs machine and not a clenport. Are Clenport and chinese dimple rings the same, or could it be that they are Clenport and I'm using on tubz vending?

Is there a way to check whether a dimple ring is for a tubz vending or Clenport without putting it in a machine and waiting for a jam?

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: HELP! Getting lots of jams all of a sudden :(

Post by Snackmore »

The dimple rings are different for chinese/Clenport. You can tell as you say above the rings sit slightly over so that pots don't always drop down
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

The dimple rings are different for chinese/Clenport. You can tell as you say above the rings sit slightly over so that pots don't always drop down
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

I've been running towers for 10 years, never in all that time have I ever replaced a single dimple ring or spring. It is important to use compatible spares. I suspect spares are coming from Clenport via trade suppliers in the UK. Clenport are big on supply of spare parts. For tension issues I increase/remove spacers or even cut the centre rod down a little to achieve the desired tension.

Pete
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

I'm surprised you haven't had dimple rings wear out Pete. I've been going since 2007 and I've had a few where the bottom effectively turns into one long groove rather than dimples. Ive only ever replaced from spares though.

Andy