Tower Problem - Rod not long enough?

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

Tower Problem - Rod not long enough?

Post by newmark »

Hi guys,

I think I'm going mad, but hopefully someone can help me out here...

On one of my tubz vending towers, I noticed that the top half of the base was out of line with the bottom part slightly, as though it had been dropped. I dismantled the tower, and sure enough one of the 3 long bolts that secures the top half to the bottom half was bent slightly, so I bent it back and put everything back together....

However, when I slide the carousel sections onto the main rod, there is not enough thread left to screw the top bolt etc onto, even when I press down. The best I can get is the bolt half on, but I can't leave it like that as it would not take much for the bolt to twist off.

Any idea what I did wrong? It fitted before I dismantled, so I'm scratching my head wondering why it wont go back!

Thanks in advance,

Mark
Central2vend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Kent
Machines Used: Vending towers
Referred by?: On google

Re: Tower Problem - Rod not long enough?

Post by Central2vend »

When you take the base apart there is a hollow metal pole that runs through the centre. This fits on lugs top and bottom, if not positioned correctly the base will not tighten up correctly and the pole appears to be too short. So you need to take base apart and you should understand what I mean.
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Also make sure that that the welded bottom bolt fits snugly into the reccess in the bottom plate. Also make sure the two half of the base unit fit together properly. If all else fails hacksaw the central rod into two pieces so that they can be joined by the large locking nut and put a spacer within the locking nut. This will give the extra height needed to secure the rings with the top nut. Also use this method if ever need to reduce the height of the machine. (I have some 8 ring/7 ring or even 6 ring on low bar tops.

Pete
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

Post by newmark »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice! I think you've got it - when I put the bottom section together it did not seem to sit right and only came together when I gently tightened the 3 bolts - I thought it may be "warping" from where it has not been lined up properly for some time.

I'll start again tomorrow, strip down, and carefully reassemble and let you know how I get on!

Thanks also Pete for the suggestion re; reducing height, I wouldnt have thought of that but its useful to know if I ever need to do that.

Thanks again, Mark.