tubz vending machine

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
Ross@Evaske
Referred by?: Google

tubz vending machine

Post by Ross@Evaske »

Hi,

I bought a tubz vending machine off ebay for £85 (Then ended up paying £50 P&P) The original eBay description was
"Here we have a tubz vending Sweet Vending machine Missing the locks and keys but are only £10 Off ebay still full of Sweets i am willing to stick it on a pallet or Wrap it if u wonna arrage your own courrier to collect thank u"

Now the sweets were from 2009, But I am not bothered about them, The problem im having is with locks. The top lock wasn't drilled through so I had to do it, The machine actually works, and works pretty well. Just the cash bit at the back, There is something missing, but I am just unsure to what it is. I bought new locks from tubz vending directly, The lock fits in the hole and so forth, doesn't stay in there as it seems to be missing something.

As i've never worked on one of these before I'd appreciate your help

Thanks
Ross
OscarHarris
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Referred by?: Google search

Re: tubz vending vending machine

Post by OscarHarris »

Sounds like you're missing the "back lock holder", can be seen here: http://www.vendingtower.com/site/index. ... and-pieces.

If so let me know, I have loads of these as spares, would be happy to send you one!
Ross@Evaske

Re: tubz vending vending vending machine

Post by Ross@Evaske »

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the quick reply, Appreciate it.

I also don't have the same "back door" as the one in the picture there, Mine looks like this;
http://tashload.com/Uploader/uploads//uR3yjNa.jpg

Does this mean the back lock holder won't work with this?
Ross
OscarHarris

Post by OscarHarris »

It's the same door mate, just without the sticker. They are all the same size etc. I've not yet come across any compatibility issues between towers and the back plate. PM me your details and I'll post a back lock holder to you so you can try it!
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Doors and back lock holders do vary in size and are not interchangeable between Chinese made and clenport vendors. Look a the reverse side of the back plate, you will see 2 criss cross lines crossed by two horizontal lines. Clenports have an additional vertical line and the plate is fractionally larger. The back lock holder is slightly larger on the Chinese made machines and won't fit Clenports. The test to see if you have a Clenport machine - look at the bottom - the three bolts holding the base together, if they are 1/2" square - Clenport. If three small 6 sided nut - Chinese.

All the best!

Pete
Ross@Evaske

Post by Ross@Evaske »

On the back of the back plate it looks like this;
http://tashload.com/Uploader/uploads//of07Zm6.jpg

Thanks
Ross
Shropvend
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Wolverhampton & Shropshire
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Beavers, kiddy rides
Referred by?: tubz vending

Re: tubz vending vending machine

Post by Shropvend »

Hello Ross

Are you still after any tubz vending sweet towers? I bought some fully stocked machines recently from Richard Sadler, all good machines with great sell by dates.
He has a few more so just send him PM he will help you out and at a good price.

Re Lee.
part-time-operator
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Reader

Post by part-time-operator »

hacksaws and hammers are great tools to make things compatible ;)
OscarHarris

Re: tubz vending vending vending vending machine

Post by OscarHarris »

PGBrew wrote:Doors and back lock holders do vary in size and are not interchangeable between Chinese made and clenport vendors. Look a the reverse side of the back plate, you will see 2 criss cross lines crossed by two horizontal lines. Clenports have an additional vertical line and the plate is fractionally larger. The back lock holder is slightly larger on the Chinese made machines and won't fit Clenports. The test to see if you have a Clenport machine - look at the bottom - the three bolts holding the base together, if they are 1/2" square - Clenport. If three small 6 sided nut - Chinese.

All the best!

Pete
Cheers Pete, good to know, I must just have just been lucking until now when changing back lock holders etc.