just starting out

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
kris@tubzbrandsltd
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: south east
Machines Used: towers
Referred by?: New forum

Re: just starting out

Post by kris@tubzbrandsltd »

Hi im Kris one of the customer managers at tubz vending and Paul is one of my fellow customer managers who i believe has been speaking to jkpot for the past several months.

Both him and i respect any decision you make and wish you the best for all the future with your new business but Paul is a little up set that you are suggestion that we were 'trying to rip you off'.

Paul believes that he has conducted himself in a professional manner but as you explained to him on the phone of which he has the sound recording. The main reason that another suppler gave you a much cheaper quote is because they offered you a 'CASH DEAL FOR NO VAT'! :nono:

So we really don't think that it is fare to compare the quotes as like for like and suggest that you were getting ripped off.

I am sorry and it is not a personal dig at you jkpot but need to set the record straight.
mic79
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: google

Post by mic79 »

Hi and good luck with your new venture. I started just over a year ago as an independent and have used both companies. I have a great working relationship with tubz vending and have never had any issue with them. You'll find fault with any supplier if you look hard enough but in my experience tubz vending are very professional, the stock looks good and appeals to children (your top customer). My dealing with hurleys was brief and not a good experience. Get samples from both suppliers and ask people what they think.

All the best

Mic
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Hi there Simon - as we know its you posting here and not really Kris but thats by the by.
Youre right, we cant compare the quotes like for like as were offering Clenport machines.
The Vat free element is because were offering as new used Clenports in this deal, but theyre still much better than the Chinese machines your selling as they are in perfect condition.
Please see a new thread going on the traders part of the forum regarding these machines ("Sinclair Collis")
Paul.
mikeholness
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: STOKE/CREWE/WARRINGTON/CHESTER
Machines Used: tower and pringles
Referred by?: rob from salysol gb

Post by mikeholness »

hi Jkpot

I only live down the road in Northwich.
if you are only buying 5 machines from one of the suppliers.
I could sell you 5 fully stocked machines(hurleys stock)probably cheaper than buying a bundle.With boxes of stock on top.
All machines are 2nd hand but would all be in good condition.
Your only concern would be siting machines.If you bought stock direct from Hurleys I'm sure they would site find for you.

If you are interested give me a call.

mike Holness
Topvend

jkpot wrote:hi, im on the verge of buying 5o machines with sites as an independant from tubz vending, hurleys has offered me the same deal for a similar price so i am unsure which one to go with (if any ) after reading some of the posts about siting issues on this forum. Can any one give me any advice or info about the 2 companies???
kris@tubzbrandsltd
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: south east
Machines Used: towers
Referred by?: New forum

Post by kris@tubzbrandsltd »

Email forwarded from Simon Smith Sales Director tubz vending Brands Ltd:

Kris please post this on the vending forum you are a member of in reply to the posts you have copied me into...

I notice that Paul from Hurleys has commented that the reason they are not charging VAT on a particular quote to a person looking to start up in the vending tower industry is because they are a mixture of new and USED vending equipment.

I am somewhat confused as according to our accountants and HMRC any goods sold by a VAT registered company unless they are VAT exempted (which second hand vending equipment is not) should be VAT chargeable!

Please correct me if i am wrong but i believe you are trading illegally and avoiding tax to gain an unfair competitive advantage!

I would also comment that we keep stocks of Clenport machines so our customers can choose which ever vending equipment they wish.
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Simon. You are incorrect in what you are saying.
What were doing here is prefectly legal.

But, please dont talk to me about being legal !

Paul.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Interesting that tubz vending record their calls but dont tell you so! Thats naughty
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Post by JustCraig »

Naughty but not illegal as far as I am aware...

Also I am not taking sides here as I have no preference between either company but would agree with tubz vending and second hand products are still applicable for VAT unless they fall under the VAT Margin scheme, even then VAT is still payable but only payable on the difference between buy and sale price (which works out a hell of a lot cheaper).

Whether vending machines fall within this scheme or not I don’t know.
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

So hand on heart who can truly say they have not paid cash to receive a discount?
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Post by JustCraig »

dorsetvending wrote:So hand on heart who can truly say they have not paid cash to receive a discount?
I may have done... :whistle: