just starting out

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
jkpot
Referred by?: internet

just starting out

Post by jkpot »

hi, im on the verge of buying 5o machines with sites as an independant from tubz vending, hurleys has offered me the same deal for a similar price so i am unsure which one to go with (if any ) after reading some of the posts about siting issues on this forum. Can any one give me any advice or info about the 2 companies???
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: just starting out

Post by Snackmore »

Hi and welcome

I have no experience of tubz vending but there are many horror stories on here about how they pressure you for stock sales and imply that they are their sites if they did the site finding. I think most on here would say steer clear of them.

I deal with Hurleys for stock and have used their site finding. Any problems I have had they have sorted and I would recommend them.

Where are you based? Are you looking at doing this full time?

As others will say consider other machines as well for sites including toys which are a good earner - its something I have not pushed yet but as they say why collect £50 from a site when you could collect £100

Have you thought of buying less machines and dipping your toes first to see if it suits?

Good luck :thumbup:
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

pandaanda
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: mansfield
Machines Used: tower
Referred by?: venderbase

Post by pandaanda »

Hi I have dealt with both companys and would recommend that you go with hurleys, if you want to be truly independant, if you buy sites and machines from tubz vending they will insist they own the sites and you only buy stock from them .
Rob and Paul at Hurleys are great people to deal with and have played a major part in building and expanding my business.
Cheers
Pete :thumbup:
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Post by popp665 »

I have always dealt with tubz vending and never had a problem, maybe it depends on who looks after your account but Paul who looks after me has always been great. I have a mixture of tubz vending found sites and my own and never had any issues with them, I have bought the odd box from other suppliers (Hurleys included) and tubz vending didnt say anything and have never spoke to my sites.

In fact just last month, tubz vending tipped me off regarding one of my sites who were trying to buy there own machines from them direct and refused to sell to the guy saying that I looked after that area, thus allowing me to re negotiate with the site and keep my machines in.

I can only speak from my own experince but tubz vending have always gone the extra mile for me and have got me some excellent sites most notaby the DW stadium.
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

avoid tubz vending at all costs, they will just burn you out further down the line, and you will not be independant you will be a franchisee, big difference.

Ade
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Post by popp665 »

I get the feeling im the only tubz vending fan on here! They must have other satisfied customers?

At least you didnt buy into Snack a Can just before there collapse.

Where are you based anyway?
Vending61
Referred by?: Google

Post by Vending61 »

I only started out in the Summer I was torn between Snack a Can and tubz vending and decided to go with tubz vending so I bought a 10 machine package to start with I have bought machines on ebay and sited them myself. I am very happy with tubz vending I have never felt pressured to buy any stock of them and of the sites that they have found for me most have been good, I have found that they have given me the support and help that I need the only thing I don’t like is having to pay upfront with no online option for stock but in the scheme of things it’s a small price to pay. When I first started I was on the phone every day and they did not seem to mind and never made me feel stupid, I have read on the forum many negative things about tubz vending but I have never experienced this. I have spoken to Hurleys on the phone and again found them very friendly and helpful but my only commercial experience is with tubz vending.
jkpot
Referred by?: internet

Post by jkpot »

thanks to everyone for your replies, i am based in knutsford, cheshire. i think i am going to go with hurleys and am going to visit hurleys premises next week. i originally spoke to tubs in march and they seemed very profesional until i contacted hurleys last week and got a much better deal, £3000 cheaper than tubz vending for the same package so i cancelled a visit to tubz vending. tubz vending then rang me and gave me a new quote which without telling them hurleys quote was a little bit less than hurleys, if they can drop over 3 grand in aphone call i feel that maybe they were trying to rip me off
anyway thanks again and i will see how it goes with hurleys next week
Ade
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

jkpot wrote:thanks to everyone for your replies, i am based in knutsford, cheshire. i think i am going to go with hurleys and am going to visit hurleys premises next week. i originally spoke to tubs in march and they seemed very profesional until i contacted hurleys last week and got a much better deal, £3000 cheaper than tubz vending for the same package so i cancelled a visit to tubz vending. tubz vending then rang me and gave me a new quote which without telling them hurleys quote was a little bit less than hurleys, if they can drop over 3 grand in aphone call i feel that maybe they were trying to rip me off
anyway thanks again and i will see how it goes with hurleys next week

wise decision and you saved yourself a whole load of hassle, well done and remember we all here to help :thumbup:

Ade
mic79
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: google

Post by mic79 »

Hi and good luck with your new venture. I started just over a year ago as an independent and have used both companies. I have a great working relationship with tubz vending and have never had any issue with them. You'll find fault with any supplier if you look hard enough but in my experience tubz vending are very professional, the stock looks good and appeals to children (your top customer). My dealing with hurleys was brief and not a good experience. Get samples from both suppliers and ask people what they think.

All the best

Mic