sites wanted help

Got a vending technical question you need answered?
rotterncake
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: nottingham
Machines Used: sweet and toy
Referred by?: google

Re: sites wanted help

Post by rotterncake »

ive been back in twice but the guys not their only staff and they just say ill pass message on on well u win some u lose some :D got another site today so iam getting their
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Its no good just leaving your card and for the customer to get back to you. You need to be more positive and be in control. Don't disclose commission you rate untill he says he wants a machine. Say it's negotiable, depending on how many machines you have & expected business levels. Don't leave without a committment to take machines or at least an appointment to return later. If there is competition, don't be afraid to outbid them to get a foot in the door, in this case lead with a high level of commission, but again don't leave without a result. You can always drop the comission level a a later date.
rotterncake
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by rotterncake »

i no wot your saying i did give him my card i was talking to owner for around 30 min he asked for my card so he could get in touch plus i did go down around 3 times but he was never their :( o well i dont think iam doing to bad visted 4 sites last week and got 2 of them and might have a 3rd plus just brought a machine thats siteded but i no wot your saying 1 time if they allready had machines in i walked away but sod it not now they is allways room for more machines at end of day this is my business and living sorry if that seems harsh to any1
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Not so much harsh mate but a false economy, you put a machine next to one already sited and you do not increase sales you just dilute them added to that you P155 off the the other operator and for what? There are lots of sites out there for everyone
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Agreed placing machines side by side helps no one. You only have to look at the effect of friggin charity boxes on tower sales to see this. You don't want a turf war either. Surprisingly some of the best friends I have made in vending have been local operators. We all respect each others territory and surprisingly help each other out.
rotterncake
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice

Post by rotterncake »

yep true but i only try if they is a ppringle tower but it makes me laff cos ive got some good sites but other vending ppl get machines in next to mine its happend to a few of my sites now so thats why iam like sod it they want my machines on their site iam goner do no1 seems to care that their stepping on my toes but a few sites of mine let other venders in cos they want to help local buisness out
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

i would cetrainly try and contact the operators that have the same machines next you yours to have a sensible chat about business. You may be able to agree to a set of princibles an eventaully help each other out. Same machines side by side from different operators is no good for either party

Regards Brian