Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Re: H4H Donations

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Rossi fan wrote:Hi Paul,

I am grateful for your efforts to try and obtain a balanced transition from the current system to the one h4h say they require. I feel strongly that H4H should to take a fresh look at this and take account of any concerns aired. Having our vendors raising money for this charity is a good and rewarding thing to do. The benefits for operators are often better than average sales and for most an additional 10% income against commission based sites. For H4H it is a rich source of cash, for zero risk, or investment. In the last 12 months I have had 3 h4h machines damaged and one trashed completely, which is difficult to deal with.

Help for Heroes don’t seem to want to support , or communicate with us, which is rather disappointing. To have a system imposed in this way is not helpful. It would have been better received, if they had involved us from the outset. After all, we are the people who have invested time; effort and money to help them raise much needed funds.

For me, the time it is going to take to place the correct commission amounts to the relevant site identifier are far too long. In order to meet their audit requirements, the stencil used must be the same for all. This needs to be provided, or agreed by h4h, before it is issued via suppliers to operators. I will begin the process from the agreed date and when I have the agreed stencil, but will closely monitor the time it is taking to comply. Should I consider the time to be excessive, I will consider charging an appropriate amount for my time against the commissions raised.

I would be interested to find out if other h4h operators feel the same.

Thanks,

Paul
F**k sake lads grow a pair and stop bellyaching. You guys are only in it for the increased turnover and reduced commissions. If you were TRULY attached to this charity you wouldn't mind the extra paperwork. Rossi you have already worked out that it is going to take you 12 hours a year to do the paperwork, so if that is going to tip the balance ...12 hours in a whole year, then quit the H4H altogether. It's not a rich source of cash for them , it's piddly money compared to what they REALLY get elsewhere. Primary school children donate their weekends and raise hundreds of thousands of pounds all over the country, and get NOTHING in return except a feeling of warmth inside them for helping injured hereos. And they ARE communicating with you as Rob has even given you their contact name and direct line. And CHARGING an appropriate amount for your time against the commission, PROVES that you are only with H4H for the money. It's a bad day you can't donate 12 hours a year to a charity whose very existence increases your turnover , raises the profile of your machine on site , and possibly reduces your commissions. I am not even living in the Uk and yet I think the way H4H has been lambasted here for trying to streamline their systems and be transparrent is outrageous. Quit the vending and head to Iraq with these guys for 6 months and then see whether you can spare 12 hours a year. Holy Jaysus guys get a grip.
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Post by JustCraig »

Just a thought...

For anyone who is worries about the site not seeing where your donations are going and how much you are donating, why not just create a page on your website with details of monies donated to H4H each month?

If you don't have a website then just set up a simple wordpress site - you can knock one up in next to no time, at least that way your site will be able to keep tabs on how much is being donated (in a fashion)
Ade
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

JustCraig wrote:Just a thought...

For anyone who is worries about the site not seeing where your donations are going and how much you are donating, why not just create a page on your website with details of monies donated to H4H each month?

If you don't have a website then just set up a simple wordpress site - you can knock one up in next to no time, at least that way your site will be able to keep tabs on how much is being donated (in a fashion)

or just show them the letter hurleys are going to put on here, plus if you transfer the money online you can print and show that

Ade
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Post by Vendition Ltd »

Hi Noel,

Paul isn't in it only for the money mate, he is one of the few who donates 20% rather than the agreed 10%

I see your point how it sounds like we are moaning at H4H but we arn't moaning at the soldiers just the way head office are handling things

Cheers

Ross
Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Well then I must applaud him for that, as it's very honest. He still wins with the increased sales and exposure, and it's like the old saying , you can't be a weee bit pregnant.
paulb
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: North West, Cheshire
Referred by?: google

Post by paulb »

JustCraig wrote:Just a thought...

I agree I do this very thing but I use a facebook page, my customers are told about it, if they use it or not thats up to them but the information is available.
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

I understand your gripes fellas but the H4H brand is so strong they have it protected so well that if they want it to run a certain way, they they have the right to say so.
I dont think the admin is too hard. As long as you are donating the right amount, if you make an error on where the money has come from I wouldnt have thought it would be an issue.
What we have done is under written, with a contract, a minimum amount that will be paid to H4H each year. That is a risk we have taken in order to keep the H4H sites in operation.
It wont stop dishonesty totally, but hopefully vendors will appreciate the fact that their machines will now be ENDORSED by H4H with documentation backing that up. That should put to bed some of the objections you will have had from some sites who dont believe that money is going to H4H.
The endorsement will strengthen your case when asked questions, H4H if rang will also back up the claims made by you to the site owner/ customers.
To answer the question about if you have a mix of stock, I would suggest you donate through one supplier. I would only suggest Hurleys as it makes our donation pot bigger and helps us reach our target. But, as long as H4H get the cash thats all that matters.

Please remember that H4H own the brand, they allow us all to use it and for that right, they can tell us how we should donate.

Best regards, Paul.
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Vendingwarehouse wrote:
Rossi fan wrote:Hi Paul,

I am grateful for your efforts to try and obtain a balanced transition from the current system to the one h4h say they require. I feel strongly that H4H should to take a fresh look at this and take account of any concerns aired. Having our vendors raising money for this charity is a good and rewarding thing to do. The benefits for operators are often better than average sales and for most an additional 10% income against commission based sites. For H4H it is a rich source of cash, for zero risk, or investment. In the last 12 months I have had 3 h4h machines damaged and one trashed completely, which is difficult to deal with.

Help for Heroes don’t seem to want to support , or communicate with us, which is rather disappointing. To have a system imposed in this way is not helpful. It would have been better received, if they had involved us from the outset. After all, we are the people who have invested time; effort and money to help them raise much needed funds.

For me, the time it is going to take to place the correct commission amounts to the relevant site identifier are far too long. In order to meet their audit requirements, the stencil used must be the same for all. This needs to be provided, or agreed by h4h, before it is issued via suppliers to operators. I will begin the process from the agreed date and when I have the agreed stencil, but will closely monitor the time it is taking to comply. Should I consider the time to be excessive, I will consider charging an appropriate amount for my time against the commissions raised.

I would be interested to find out if other h4h operators feel the same.

Thanks,

Paul
F**k sake lads grow a pair and stop bellyaching. You guys are only in it for the increased turnover and reduced commissions. If you were TRULY attached to this charity you wouldn't mind the extra paperwork. Rossi you have already worked out that it is going to take you 12 hours a year to do the paperwork, so if that is going to tip the balance ...12 hours in a whole year, then quit the H4H altogether. It's not a rich source of cash for them , it's piddly money compared to what they REALLY get elsewhere. Primary school children donate their weekends and raise hundreds of thousands of pounds all over the country, and get NOTHING in return except a feeling of warmth inside them for helping injured hereos. And they ARE communicating with you as Rob has even given you their contact name and direct line. And CHARGING an appropriate amount for your time against the commission, PROVES that you are only with H4H for the money. It's a bad day you can't donate 12 hours a year to a charity whose very existence increases your turnover , raises the profile of your machine on site , and possibly reduces your commissions. I am not even living in the Uk and yet I think the way H4H has been lambasted here for trying to streamline their systems and be transparrent is outrageous. Quit the vending and head to Iraq with these guys for 6 months and then see whether you can spare 12 hours a year. Holy Jaysus guys get a grip.

Noel,

I think this post is below the belt. Have you got nothing else to do than make these unhelpful and interfering posts.

Paul
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Paul@HurleysFoods wrote:I understand your gripes fellas but the H4H brand is so strong they have it protected so well that if they want it to run a certain way, they they have the right to say so.
I dont think the admin is too hard. As long as you are donating the right amount, if you make an error on where the money has come from I wouldnt have thought it would be an issue.
What we have done is under written, with a contract, a minimum amount that will be paid to H4H each year. That is a risk we have taken in order to keep the H4H sites in operation.
It wont stop dishonesty totally, but hopefully vendors will appreciate the fact that their machines will now be ENDORSED by H4H with documentation backing that up. That should put to bed some of the objections you will have had from some sites who dont believe that money is going to H4H.
The endorsement will strengthen your case when asked questions, H4H if rang will also back up the claims made by you to the site owner/ customers.
To answer the question about if you have a mix of stock, I would suggest you donate through one supplier. I would only suggest Hurleys as it makes our donation pot bigger and helps us reach our target. But, as long as H4H get the cash thats all that matters.

Please remember that H4H own the brand, they allow us all to use it and for that right, they can tell us how we should donate.
Best regards, Paul.

Hi Paul,

Can you please confirm if there is a generic stencil that we need to use. Also, can you please provide the bank account details that payments go into and what day the payments need to stop going into the bmi's and go to the suppliers accounts.

In addition, if you sell,or lose sites, should this be made clear on the stencil and in the case of selling, will you need details of the new owner of those sites.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul@HurleysFoods
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Uk
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Paul Collier and Many other Vendors

Post by Paul@HurleysFoods »

Hi Paul. There is no generic stencil.... A simple list with number code of site and amount donated to H4H from there and a date reference will suffice.

Cheers. Paul.