Vending related news
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: North East
Referred by?: Web search

H4H Donations

Post by Big Chris »

Everybody got thier e-mails from tubz vending, stating thatH4H donations must be sent to tubz vending.

I for one make my donations through Bmycharity, and although i don't donate a lot (as i don't have many machines) i do it properly.

I don't see why i should give it to tubz vending first.

What do other thinks about this??
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Re: H4H Donations

Post by Rossi fan »

Hi Chris,

Have H4H said that they would like you to do this?

Paul
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Big Chris »

Yeh,

Hurleys will be telling thier customers also, i believe if i understand Kris correctly.

But he sent over copy of letter from H4H, its for tax purposes i believe.
paulb
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Area Covered: North West, Cheshire
Referred by?: google

Post by paulb »

Thanks for letting us know Chris,

I also use bmycharity, I pay it online and then add a link to the donation on my company facebook page, so any of my customers who want to check donations can see them.

I dont know how it would work tax wise, i doubt they will be claiming gift aid on the hurleys/tubz vending donation.

The money H4H recieve from me just goes through BMY theres no reference to Hurleys and when we initially registered with H4H it was all done in our company name and not Hurleys. my mrs just sorted it over the phone and got a funraising ID number.

Have to see what happens with that.

Cheers
Paul
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Big Chris »

From what Kris has said to me, basically H4H will be stopping any donations through the Bmycharity page.

I dunno if i am allowed or not, but i can post the letter Kris sent me from H4H.

If mods are ok with it, then i'll put it up??

Kris was saying that even if you are not registered with tubz vending/Hurleys you still won't be able to use the Bmycharity page he says, also all the stickers for H4H will need to be changed, or an extra sticker added.

Kris was saying that all H4H sales ect needs documenting on a spread sheet and they will be asking for the donation every 1/4.

Chris
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Doesnt bother me, but as its on the open forum probably best to ask tubz vending first. But your decision if you want to put it up.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
tubzsnackz
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: within 10 miles of Staines.
Machines Used: Tower, Pringles

Post by tubzsnackz »

I sent my donation directly to H4H only last week. I registered with them earlier in the year and paid on the phone quickly and easily by visa. They took my ID number and sent me a letter thanking me for the donation. I don't see any benefit to changing anything. If they don`t want the money we could always give it to another charity. I'm sure there would be lots of takers. :roll:
Eatsweets
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Hertfordshire and essex
Machines Used: Tower vending
Referred by?: Phil hollingdale

Post by Eatsweets »

Wait for Hurleys response on the matter, I am sure they to would like you to pay all your donations to them.

Both could put your money in a high interest savings account on a daily interest account, then pay the money over every 3 months.

Of course they are not going to make a fortune but look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.

The more obvious answer is that it adds to the balance sheet, cash at bank.

I am not tubz vending bashing but don't understand why help for heroes would ask for this? They receive money from causes and campaigns all over the country and would there for be used to large amounts of small donations.

Regards
Rob
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Big Chris »

Simon,

Kris said to me, you won't be able to ring up to make a donation either, so that would make things very tricky for a lot of people.

The gist of what Kris has said to me is that VAT needs to be paid on the donation that is made. And at the minute that is not happening.

What he has said is you can de-brand the H4H towers and do them on a commission basis. One option like someone above says, go with a local charity for yourself, or as forum we could look into something else....

Chris
Big Chris
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren

Post by Big Chris »

Simon,

Kris said to me, you won't be able to ring up to make a donation either, so that would make things very tricky for a lot of people.

The gist of what Kris has said to me is that VAT needs to be paid on the donation that is made. And at the minute that is not happening.

What he has said is you can de-brand the H4H towers and do them on a commission basis. One option like someone above says, go with a local charity for yourself, or as forum we could look into something else....

Chris