Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Re: Price rises on the horizon?

Post by Vendition Ltd »

Noel,

I can see that at a 2 Euro vend their is no value but at £1 its not such bad value here in the UK
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

i think on the lines affecte dmost jelly mix, and the fizzies you cant tell the difference between 57g and 63g, which tend to be the filling machines parameters. The pots look filled to the top. Lets be honest who would go into a shop and buy 60g of sweets in a pot for a quid. No-one. Because there in a pub environment/or in a non-competition environment you get sales. Even tasty tubs in the garage are 100g i think.
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Good post Noel and spot on, I to disagree with reducing the amount of sweets in a pot, bearing in mind lots of talk of charity boxes, they have 100 grams for a pound and the punters think its all going to charity, I think we would be shooting ourselves in the foot
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Its crap value at £1 and even crapier value at 2 Euro. It's a convenience purchase. Go into any grocer and for the same money you can get 180gm of sweets in a bag. It's a good idea selling sweets in a site where you wouldn't normally get sweets or at a time when shops are closed but it's not good value I can assure you. And I for one will be starting my own line of sweets if suppliers start cutting the weights in tubz vending.
glennborthwick
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: devon dorset somerset
Machines Used: bulk tower toy condoms

Post by glennborthwick »

you should do it anyway with the number of machines you have and the fact that you ahve to import everything to ireland
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

Snackmore wrote:Good post Noel and spot on, I to disagree with reducing the amount of sweets in a pot, bearing in mind lots of talk of charity boxes, they have 100 grams for a pound and the punters think its all going to charity, I think we would be shooting ourselves in the foot
Hi ,
Firstly, the sweets that are in charity bags are the cheapest- you never see branded products. Secondly the bags are dirt cheap compared to the tub costs, so dont really think you can compare in this way. You have to find some middle ground. If product costs are going up to suppliers, they have to protect their margins, but we have the problem of the fixed vend price, so lowering quantities is the way to go.

Since the recession, I believe that £1 has much less value, as everything else has gone up and up, therefore customers will not bother if one jelly is missing from the pot. I think we are way off a two coin vend, so if the profits we make are not kept stable, then many will look at other sources of income. Tower vending is not like the high street, where prices can just be increased. Its our businesses and profits that will suffer.

Thanks,

Paul
Ade
Area Covered: east and west midlands
Machines Used: kiddie rides, sweet and toy vend
Referred by?: M.Slater

Post by Ade »

wouldnt sourcing cheaper sweet imports be the answer?

Ade
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Post by Vendition Ltd »

I will have to disagree there Noel, at £1 it's not such crap value as you get the pot and sweets and a lot of the kids love the actual pot strangely enough. 2 euros is about £1.70 so it's almost double!!! I can see how a lot of people would find this bad value and reducing the quantities will be the end of it as customers will get ****** off. However for the Uk market we can afford to lose a fee grams per pot but only on selected lines

Regards

Ross
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Rossi fan wrote:
Snackmore wrote:Good post Noel and spot on, I to disagree with reducing the amount of sweets in a pot, bearing in mind lots of talk of charity boxes, they have 100 grams for a pound and the punters think its all going to charity, I think we would be shooting ourselves in the foot
Hi ,
Firstly, the sweets that are in charity bags are the cheapest- you never see branded products. Secondly the bags are dirt cheap compared to the tub costs, so dont really think you can compare in this way. You have to find some middle ground. If product costs are going up to suppliers, they have to protect their margins, but we have the problem of the fixed vend price, so lowering quantities is the way to go.

Since the recession, I believe that £1 has much less value, as everything else has gone up and up, therefore customers will not bother if one jelly is missing from the pot. I think we are way off a two coin vend, so if the profits we make are not kept stable, then many will look at other sources of income. Tower vending is not like the high street, where prices can just be increased. Its our businesses and profits that will suffer.

Thanks,

Paul
Paul

I really think the customer doesnt care how much the pots are, as a parent I look at value for money and if not in the business would plump for the bags everytime and also feel good about it going to charity
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Vendingwarehouse
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Southern Ireland
Machines Used: Towers, Pringles, Condoms, Capsules, Pokers,Toys
Referred by?: 1

Post by Vendingwarehouse »

Hi ,

Thanks,

Paul[/quote]
It doesn't matter if the bags are cheaper , that's value to the operator you're talking about there. We're talking about the end user and what is value to them. And the amount of sweets they get in a tub for £1 is not value. Forget charity bags, you can go into ANY supermarkey and get branded family bags of sweets like minstrels for £1.40. Also since the recession the £1 has much more value. In good times it would have less value but in recessionary times every £1 is a prisoner and people value it more. People have less money so they make their money go further. It's only in profitable good times that people loose the value for smaller amounts. How could it loose it's value when people have less of them than ever before.