Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

COVID

Post by Style »

Getting fed up with this COVID now.

Lost another toy site today. A football club that was worth about 1k pa. :sick: :sick:

Getting stock going out of date for the first time since we started in 2009.

Lost about 10/15 sites in total. :sick: :sick:

On the plus side with purchases and siting added 12 machines to the portfolio in the last week. :Jig: :Jig:

Trading at about 35% :sick: :sick:

Covid can do one!

How is everyone else doing?

Andy
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: COVID

Post by Snackmore »

Probably trading about 60% down turnover wise and also throwing stock away. Surprised how well pub sites are doing though for sweet pots, its the big sites suffering, I have machines switched off and empty sitting at empty call centres etc. Its *****
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Sweet Tower Pringles Tomy Gatcha
Referred by?: Online

Post by JavaGreen »

We always knew that COVID was going to be a challenge therefore we decided to just replace stock in its entirety so that stock losses was minimal ie move stock getting close to bbe to sites selling and ensuring problem sites have stock running well into 2021 or in most cases 2022.

Sure we have lost about 20 machines thus far (was expecting to lose nearer 100) however that has been reduced to zero through acquisitions. Stock has been a problem mainly with chocolate products.

We now go to sites bimonthly. Lessens the pain .
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Post by radical.richard »

Snackmore wrote:Probably trading about 60% down turnover wise and also throwing stock away. Surprised how well pub sites are doing though for sweet pots, its the big sites suffering, I have machines switched off and empty sitting at empty call centres etc. Its *****
I took my BBE out of date stock to the local food bank, they were very appreciative
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

That’s interesting Richard..... did they not mind it being out of date.... I have a couple of boxes so might give it a try... better than in the skip.
Quinch
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Google search for vending forums

Post by Quinch »

Sports clubs an issue for me also, several football and rugby clubs doing zero sales as no fans and the function rooms not being used. Social clubs in a similar situation, the function rooms are not being used and the old codgers in the bar hardly buy any sweets. Some places I've left the machine there but emptied all the stock out to put in other sites. On the plus side got a lot of machines out from back rooms etc that some sites initially in July were reluctant to bring out. Unfortunately I think the ones that still haven't brought them out are unlikely to anywhere in the near future, pretty much consider them 'mothballed' sites now.

Looking pretty bleak overall especially with local lockdown restrictions here
radical.richard
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: ST
Referred by?: Barbara

Post by radical.richard »

JavaGreen wrote:That’s interesting Richard..... did they not mind it being out of date.... I have a couple of boxes so might give it a try... better than in the skip.
No they understand its a Best Before date not Kill you after date
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Quinch wrote:Sports clubs an issue for me also, several football and rugby clubs doing zero sales as no fans and the function rooms not being used. Social clubs in a similar situation, the function rooms are not being used and the old codgers in the bar hardly buy any sweets. Some places I've left the machine there but emptied all the stock out to put in other sites. On the plus side got a lot of machines out from back rooms etc that some sites initially in July were reluctant to bring out. Unfortunately I think the ones that still haven't brought them out are unlikely to anywhere in the near future, pretty much consider them 'mothballed' sites now.

Looking pretty bleak overall especially with local lockdown restrictions here

Ive been in some sites where the machines are locked away and walked out again. In some places its better not to have the conversation for fear of being kicked out. They say they will have them back but thats no guarantee plus Im fast running out of storage.

Andy
JavaGreen
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by JavaGreen »

I have taken the same stance Andy, better to not have a conversation as it may go against you. I have swapped some machines in storage at some sites for longer lasting stock.... towers however, you have to gauge what sites to do that with otherwise site might become curtains...

I have two vans filled with 18 machines for daily/usual servicing..... machines in the garage, dining room and another room.... just waiting for servicing prior to filling/transfer to vans up for normal site servicing. So storage for me is also tight.
DT Vending
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: South and West Wales
Machines Used: Clenport
Referred by?: Google Search

Post by DT Vending »

Evening all, I am pretty certain we are all n the same situation.The way i have worked around it when seeing machines have been moved out of public use has been to call the site a few weeks after and advise them that we need to email them a full risk assessment for their covid file in order for them to be placed back put for the public to use. so far this has worked for me BUT sales are still really bad out there so have only been half filling my quieter sites. Hope this helps some of you out.