Non vending or coin operated related chat goes here
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Re: Start Up Costs

Post by Siting Services »

Hi Pablo

I don't think the market is quite ready for the £2 vend just yet for the towers with the current offering in the locations that they are in, I am talking longer term when the £1 is no longer a viable option to allow operators to make good margins. Maybe I should not have put down my thoughts ..... I am always thinking in terms of long term business not what is happening today. Sorry - I don't want to panic anyone. These are just my thoughts and I am a girl who likes to talk :o

With the top branded products that are currently being packed, there is 'room' in the pot to increase the weight and I know of a number of products that are not currently viable to pack today which will be when the vend goes to £2 and when the timing is right the market will be very accepting of it. A good example of just one product are the Cashews. Excellent seller, far too expensive to pack and sell at £1 unless you are putting in about x4 cashews!

We made a massive jump from the 20p bulk vendors which we operated in our earlier years of vending to £1 over night. The public accepted the £1 vend as it gave more for the money and the 20p vendor was soon forgotten. Those bulk vendors today can vend on 50p which is 2.5 times the value. My belief is when the £2 vend is introduced there will be new product launches which will have a good impact to accepting the increased vend and for those existing products, the weight can be increased to give a good portion size for the money.

It won't make the tower redundant, that little fella is going to be around for a long time yet. The tower is a far too clever vendor to be made redundant - it's a perfect size to fit into so many locations and it works well too. What will change will be different offerings and increased pot weights where possible.

These are only my thoughts, not gospel and it's good to share thoughts in the community. I could be completely wrong and nothing changes for decades to come. Good discussion point though.

Regards,

Barbara
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

My thoughts on healthy vending pots.

I have had several sites asking for healthier options, generally my answer is I have chocolate raisins cashews and peanuts which I can put in. I put them in and on the next visit they havent sold, yet all the sugary jelly chocolate has gone. People want to be healthy in their head but when they have a choice they go for junk food.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

Central2vend,

I have two towers next to each other in the same pub. Both stocked exactly the same. The one on the left always outsells the one on the right, neither have labels!
Swap them round and see if you get the same results.
Andy
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

Hi Style,

I am just trialling 5 towers without labels to see if it affects sales.

I like the idea that it is easier to fill with another brand hence the trial!

Will see how it goes and report back.
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite

Post by Style »

It will be interesting to see your results. Are you comparing to the same time last year?
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

No, if similar sites has same revenue then I take it for granted that sticker or no sticker does not hinder sales - but, it would be easier for putting in different stock without stickers etc.
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Scotland
Machines Used: Towers
Referred by?: PabloV8

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

Well hello everyone, it has been awhile!

Just been very busy!

And just thought I would concur everything that has been said on this post is just about right..... will add more after I read through all of the posts.
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

Regards the stickers, well the stickers that we use whether they be tubz vending or hurlers, well they are darned critters to get off are they not.
Still, have just about removed all stickers from all of my machines.... and I have a few.... and have to say, the machines look better for it. Has it dented sales, no! Has it improved sales, no. However, the machines now look more presentable ;)
PGBrew
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: London & Home Countie
Machines Used: Bulk, Tower, Pringles & various toys
Referred by?: Sarah Hickman

Post by PGBrew »

Never used stickers, don't intend to start. It's not worth removing the stickers, I just bin the ring.

Pete
PabloV8Haggis
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular

Post by PabloV8Haggis »

Yes, I have stopped taking stickers off since I purchased ten sites of a guy for £1400 + 35 machines, that I have really been using as spares such as changing rings etc as required. Whatever is left will be salvaged and redistributed from next week onwards.

Pablo