Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Does anyone do fruit machines?

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Just had the landlord at one of my sites ask if I can do him a fruit machine.
I've priced a second hand machine with delivery, and the machine licence at about £500, and told him I would do a straight split on profits. Does anyone on here have any experience of doing fruit machines?
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Re: Does anyone do fruit machines?

Post by popp665 »

as far as I know you cant do a profit split on fruit machines only charge a rent. I used to fix them for a living if you have no experience of them at all I would be wary. Go for a barcrest machine as they are reliable although d and are eal or no deal by bellfruit take good money and are ok reliability wise. Try and persuade them to have a quiz machine first as this needs no licence and you can split takings
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

I was hoping to get one that I actually like (as I play them quite a bit!), i've ben looking at a 'pac-man' or 'take it or leave it'.
Are any more reliable or prone to breaking than others?
popp665
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: Merseyside, Warrington
Machines Used: Bulk, Toys, Towers other non elec stuff

Post by popp665 »

Not sure about Pac man but take it or leave it is a barcrest so should be reliable. If the jackpot is 8 pounds or less no licence is required so why not try that first as its less initial outlay if it does well upgrade to a 70 pound jackpot. fruit machine palyers will still play even though its only a fiver jackpot and saves you the hasstle of a licence
JustCraig
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: Greater Manchester
Referred by?: Google

Post by JustCraig »

Not sure where you get the figure of £500 from for a gaming machine licence? I believe the fees have recently changed but it was closer to the £3 k mark last time I looked into it.

Some lower cat machines are exempt (I believe as above the £5/£8 jackpot machines) but I was under the impression this was just the venue owner (i.e. landlord)

kebab shop and chippys are now banned for holding AWP completely so the only option here is SWP's