hurleys have marstons contract

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Re: hurleys have marstons contract

Post by Guest »

You may publish your prices on your website but do you deny that different customers pay different prices (as do your competitors customers) and this is not just based on discounts for larger orders it is based on what you think people will pay.

Post by Guest »

Well until you buy as part of a group that's what happens

Post by Guest »

If pricing is based on what people will pay rather than a legitimate pricing structure i.e buy more = get it cheaper, then how do you know you are any better off buying as a group? Someone in the group still has to deal with the supplier, if the supplier's attitude is "let's see what we can get this guy to pay" then what's to stop the whole group getting shafted based on one person's negotiating skills?

Unless there is a published price list which states what discounts you get for buying more (which the supplier sticks to), how do you really KNOW someone else isn't getting a better deal than you for buying the same amount of stock?

Obviously the answer is you don't, but just because it's been this way for a long time doesn't mean it's right does it?

I realise this is getting a bit off-topic, maybe someone should start a different thread on the subject.

Post by Guest »

You don't know, but it doesn't matter? I never screw the last ounce out of a deal, it's not worth it. If suppliers make money they'll call youv because they want your business.

Post by Guest »

Id rather have a deal where both I and the supplier think we are doing Ok, it makes for a better long term relationship. I do think Im paying too much for empty pots though!

Post by Guest »

The problem with publishing prices and discounts openly is that your competitors know how much your quoting, and will try to undercut you to nick your customers. Pretty soon the suppliers will be working for nothing due to all the discounts they have had to give to get the big orders, and in the end we will all lose out.

Before getting into vending I used to run a contract cleaning company, and you can take it from me the worst thing you can do is publish your pricing. I once had the bright idea of offering to beat any current contract by 10%, so I had hundreds of leaflets printed, and took out a Google advert publicising it. All I got was phone calls from people who were paying about cost price for their contracts already, wanting to know if we could do it 10% cheaper. That's when I realised the industry had been completely ruined, by Mrs Mop franchisees and people that would be willing to drive themselves into bankruptcy just to get the customers.

I can see why suppliers try to keep contracts and pricing as private as possible, it stops price wars kicking off and everyone losing out!

Mark@yorvend

Post by Guest »

Agree there has to be something in it for all of us. Look at Sweetfix and what happened there. Good company, good branding, screwed down on price to use as leverage against tubz vending and Hurleys. I never purchased from them or got a quote as had only just started out but clearly they were used by others to screw down their existing supplier

Post by Guest »

I started a separate thread as this discussion seems to have moved away from the Marston's/Hurley's deal somewhat.

To Matt, maybe move the posts from this page and some of the previous page into the new thread? Just a suggestion, don't know how much hassle this is to do.

Post by Guest »

too much hassle ,lol

matt

Post by Guest »

fair enough