hurleys have marstons contract

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Re: hurleys have marstons contract

Post by Guest »

By the way.
In response to requests where our customers are affected by losing Marstons sites through this new deal, we will replace any site lost.
Obviuosly you will have to be a Hurleys customer to get this replacement site finding service, were not going to replace sites that will then have tubz vending stock in them, that would be daft. If the tubz vending customer comes over to us, we will find them the free site(s), no quibble.
Best regards
Paul

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:The operation of the monies is conducted with triplicate books which ensure full auditing is completed and Marstons get every penny of their commission. Chuckle away!!
Did you seriously think a company as big as Marstons would run it without having that kind of checks?
Unscrupulous managers pocketing monies is what they are getting away from by centralising the organisation of the machines.
There is no Marstons branded stock. The only product allowed in the machines is the normal branded Hurleys lines.
The landlord in my local Marston's said they have nothing to do with the new machine whatsoever.

So they want to stop their "unscrupulous managers pocketing monies"? but then they also trust the same managers to take the time to accurately record the exact amount of each line of stock in the machine/s when there's nothing in it for them? Seems like a bit of a contradiction.

I imagine rather than pay an extortionate 35% commission to Marston's the site operators may be tempted to cut a side deal with the "unscrupulous" manager/landlord, maybe offer them 10 - 15% to let them write what they want in the book then give Marston's 10% at the end of the month and complain about how these supposedly good sites are not living up to expectations.....

Post by Guest »

Do you intend to have anything to do with either Hurleys or the Marstons contract?
If so, please call and we can discuss. If not, I would suggest that speaking to one of the managers and reporting back one persons viewpoint who will do what he is instructed to do by his employers, isn't really the best use of your time but does make for more good gossip and undue prejudice to a contract that is working well for many vendors already.
They are employed to carry out processes that the pub company ask them to. Having worked for one of the largest ones for 10 years, I know that it isn't worth not doing what company policy dictates.

Post by Guest »

By the way, I don't think any vendor will cut a side deal as they will lose every site they are operating with Marstons if caught.
Besides, we have been very careful in choosing who we operate with as regards to the Marstons sites.
Believe it or not, there are many honest and hardworking vendors out there who are happy to earn an honest crust, though you would paint a different picture. Maybe not everyone thinks like you do.
Paul

Post by Guest »

I can see what Rob was talking about yesterday when he said you don't have his levels of diplomacy and self restraint when writing on the forum! :lol:

TBH I have to wonder at the sanity of some people who go on a public forum and announce how they can swizzle big companies out of commission, and then wonder why said company have put such harsh restrictions on the contract :crazy:

Post by Guest »

:D

Post by Guest »

:D
Paul

Post by Guest »

I think this draws the matter to a conclusion. Well done hurleys for clarifying (although I didnt think they would) the terms of the contract and offering the replacement sites for vendors. The honourable thing to do.

Well done!

Post by Guest »

ye but just dusted over matts suggestions, well done hurleys, taking operatorrs to the cleaners. im a bit more clued up thanks, as is 2 other major operators i know have turned you down flat :rofl:

Post by Guest »

Please, explain how we are taking operators to the cleaners?
And why must you do this anonymously?