Is £50k possible from vending

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Is £50k possible from vending

Post by Guest »

Is it possible to net £50k a year (after all costs have been accounted for)
from sweet towers.

What would it take in terms of amount of towers needed and time required each week.

Or is it wishful thinking?

Re: Is £50k possible from vending

Post by Guest »

Matt does that in a week!

Post by Guest »

I think (rough calculation) you would need 850 towers

Post by Guest »

I have calculated around 750 towers (approx).

There are many variables though based on commission paid and cost of product.

Post by Guest »

Possible but it would be tough with just sweet towers. Pringles and toys as well and it will be much easier.

If you get control of your costs and get plenty of low / zero commission sites you can get a gross margin of 50%. Therefore collect 2k pw or £400 a day on a 5 day week and you are there. I try and do 12 sites a day and average about £420.

Post by Guest »

yes, it's relatively easy vs other lines of work. 400 towers, £500 a day with a bit of weekend work. You just have to work hard. Not sure where the 850 towers comes from? You need to be constantly finding sites and re-locating poor performing machines. In my opinion a tower that only sells £3-£4 a week should be moved unless it's right next door to another machine but I know other operators who average that across their whole round.

Post by Guest »

400 towers in my opinion is quite low - what averages are you basing that on, average cost of stock and commissions paid out? Not forgetting running costs too?

If your towers were all averaging over £40 sales per month then, yes, I think that is doable, but the reality is they don't, hence why I feel almost double that amount of towers taking into account dead sites, re-sites, removals, etc are taken into account.

Post by Guest »

I agree 7/800 more realistic. Thats if you are running as a professional business and allow for vehicle costs, fuel, insurance, advertising, website, telephone, stationary, accountants, banking fees, losses, new machines, site fees etc etc

Post by Guest »

You can do it on 3/400 machines but you need Pringles and toys included in your good sites.

Post by Guest »

I like all the guess work guys, and I'm sure about 700 sites would be about right..... but why don't we just ask Barbara? I think she ran a round of about 2000 towers at one point, with staff, vehicles and premises.