Empty Pots Prices

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Re: Empty Pots Prices

Post by Guest »

Ok so I'm wanting to pay 5.5p and not the 9p I pay now for one box.

How many boxes are you buying to get the discount and from who?

Placing order next week

Post by Guest »

Do the 5.5p and the 9p both include VAT?

Post by Guest »

I was talking to Mike at Midland vending yesterday and he told me he hates stocking them! He sells 300 for £21 + Vat and delivery, which work out at about 9p each.

But he says once all the costs of getting them all the way from Portugal to his warehouse is taken into account, out of the £21 net sale price he only makes about 10% of the sale price as profit (less than £3 per box). He also states that the supplier takes full payment at the time of ordering, and has a 6 week lead time, meaning he has thousands tied up for weeks on end all to make £3 per box!

Obviously tubz vending make their own, so they keep the full profit on any they sell, and Hurley's order millions per month so probably get a brilliant price and don't have to pay upfront.

Post by Guest »

As far as Im aware Hurleys make their own.

Post by Guest »

Yes, Hurleys do make their own.

Post by Guest »

I contacted the company a previous poster mentioned - Kit Maquinas in Portugal, the prices I was quoted match what was said in this thread - 0.044 Euros per small pot, which is equivalent to 3p at current exchange rates. They can fit 35 cases of 300 pots (10500 pots) on a pallet and the pallet costs approx 250 Euros to be delivered to mainland UK.

So here's the maths (based on Dawson and Sanderson current exchange rate of £1 = 1.383 Euros):

10500 (pots) x 3.2p = £336. £336 + £180 (delivery) = £516. £516 + £108 (21% VAT) = £624 TOTAL (6p per pot)

UK cost - 10500 x 9p = £945 (inc. VAT). £945 + £50 (delivery) = £1050 TOTAL

If the pots can be sold in Portugal for just over 3p then there's no way they cost more than 1p - 2p to manufacture and now that Hurley's and tubz vending manufacture all their own pots I can't see why it would cost them any more to make them. I accept that some people (as previously mentioned) are maybe only paying 5p per pot in the UK but I think most people are paying more like 9p, so if taking into account the cost of tooling, manufacture and storage, a company in Portugal can sell them at a profit for 3.9p (inc. VAT) how can Hurley's and tubz vending justify charging 9p? (inc. VAT)

Let's be generous and say they cost 2p to make, so the mark up is 450%? Seem fair?

It is unbelievable to me that it is considerably cheaper to import, and pay expensive transport costs, a pallet of pots from Portugal than it is to buy them in the UK. I would really like tubz vending and Hurley's to come on here and justify the prices they charge.

Post by Guest »

The website for Kit Maquinas in Portugal is www.maquinaskitmaquinas.com

Post by Guest »

I would imagine that Hurleys are initially trying to get their investment in machinery back. Perhaps their prices will come down soon.

Post by Guest »

Suppliers will charge with what they can get away with.

Post by Guest »

if you're paying 9 pence a pot you are a mug