Hurley's stock

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Re: Hurley's stock

Post by Guest »

I don't like this. Please be aware if I post I will leave my name, just incase anyone reading this thinks one of the above two posts was mine..
Paul
Hurleys.

Post by Guest »

If there are towers being placed next to yours why not try this approach.....

Call Hurleys / Tubs directly ask them to remove.
Say that you are going to post their response publicly.
Post their positive response on here.

If they are both saying they will remove them then they have nothing to hide.

I have dealt with issues of doubling up directly with the operators when possible (and it is happening as he tower market is becoming saturated).....It's always the most preferable approach and to be fair to Tubs/Hurleys......it's just another sale. It's annoying that they can't qualify a site is clear of a tower, but it is the operator alone who can protect their own business.

Post by Guest »

I would imagine the sort of operator that would place a tower next to an existing tower, would have to be a complete moron, or is just going to say 'if you don't like it move your's'!

In which case the three best options are:

1. fill his machine full of trolley tokens/superglue until he removes it
2. remove his machine, and any replacements until he gets the message
3. wait for him to turn up and threaten to break the b*****s nose

If people don't have the common sense/decency to respect other operators, they deserve all they get! :thumbup:

I have a similar system of dealing with sweet treats/snack appeal when they try and infiltrate sites with charity sweet boxes, that clearly have one of my machines in them (and don't say it's for charity cos we all know the ''at least 67% of net profit'' is actually bugger all after costs and losses).
If they stick to staff rooms and shop counters I don't have a problem, but they have now started lining them up in pubs/clubs/hotels, even when they can clearly see a tower.
I'm sure they get the message when they find nothing but 2P's in their boxes (btw their 'honey oat delight' biscuits are lovely! :D

Mark@Yorvend

Post by Guest »

yes snack appeal are particularly bad and seem very unscrupulous!

Post by Guest »

I actually met the snack appeal lady the other day at the site I mentioned, she seemed really nice, and I had a quick chat with her about the charity box business. She did say most of her boxes are in staff rooms, and mentioned about expanding her round out of the area to find more sites, and she looked quite professional.

I couldn't help thinking it's not always a brilliant concept though...
I liked the ease of which she filled the site by taking in a full box and bringing out the other (wish i could do that with my machines), and the way she had all the stock in plastic drawers in the back of her car. But from looking at these boxes in our area, they are always in two's or three's on a site, they aren't the most effective way of displaying and showing off your stock, and I noticed the box she brought out the other day was just as full as the one she took in!!

Mark@Yorvend
PabloV8
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Referred by?: Browsing internet

Post by PabloV8 »

Going back to the original op:

Anyone sell looms in their towers?

I did not feel they where value for money so gave a complete box to a local children's charity free gratis.

I too was getting fed up with blockages ie lids coming off, so now refuse to put tubs in machine that are not sealed.

Cheers
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

Yeah me too!
I'm a big fan of Hurley's but I just can't use the unsealed stuff anymore, as I had too much trouble with the lids on pots. It's a shame because I think the red ones look really smart, but I can't keep spending five minutes at every site re-applying the lids! :(
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Why weren't they sealed ?
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Post by Mark@YorVend »

The stuff that is branded and individually wrapped doesn't have a sticker on the lid to seal it (rolo,moaom,toblerone).
All the other stuff is fine because it has a sticker that goes all the way over the top, which holds the lid down, but if you use their tubs for self packing it can cause problems.
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Good post mate , nice to see if anyone else has problem. I'm sure Hurleys will be reading the post mate ;-)
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com