Hurley's stock

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Re: Hurley's stock

Post by Guest »

Another problem with Hurleys pots are the side labelling.
They are never stuck down very well and end up sticking to next pot and ripping off.
Have you also seen how low down they put label on skittles/tooty pots. Nearly touching bottom there's so few in them.

Also red pot lids seem to have black oil going through a lot of them.
That's my rant over.

Post by Guest »

All the labels? Lot of lids?
Alan, I have told you I have dealt with this and why it happened when we had a fault with machinery - just so happened both things happened at the same time.
I fully apologise to anyone affected by this past issue.
Paul.

Post by Guest »

Fair play to Paul for coming on here and answering to any problems :thumbup: Works better than sticking your head in the sand like some other companies :wink:

Post by Guest »

Im a Bluebird, not an Ostrich...

Post by Guest »

100% agree with OP.

Glad someone bought this up, was a happy customer from Hurley's until all these changes and problems started.

The stickers I also noticed too, understandable over a batch or two, but seemed to occur for quite some time. Certain in-house prodcuts I found very poor and was the main reason I advised to change supplier. Branded stuff was fine but found lids to pop off easily and cause machines to jam as they don't have the sticker to hold the lid on.

Jelly mix + Fizzy mix - both really poor quality, no idea why it was changed in the first place, if you had changed I would still be a happy customer. Still have old stock I dare not to use, doesn't taste or look very nice. Why did it take Hurley's so long to act on this? Surely you must have noticed a drop in sales?

Same with the cola bottles, have noticed quite a few changes with these too.

Mini eggs were also changed, the shells would crack and break as you refill machines esp if you had an empty row.

Have even found products that aren't up to the stated weight and not just one or two tubs, we are talking average weights over the whole order.

I for one won't be returning anytime soon as much happier with new supplier!

Post by Guest »

tubz vending also changed a few lines to clearly cheaper stock. my girlfriend reckons their jelly mix colours must be illegal! but you know what, they still sell ok! although I do think that the quality of all the lines has gone down a bit and that has affected sales. perhaps they make more off the branded lines like tangos because they are more expensive and easier to pack?

Post by Guest »

To reply to the post before last.
There has been no drop in sales, indeed it is exactly the reverse.
I totally refute any average under weight batches.
We monitor our own multi head weighing machines daily and record any variances and repack of they occur.
We are regularly checked by weights and measures and trading standards too as all packers should be.
We are also a member of the BCMPA so maintain high standards in this field.
I cant defend myself against what you say as its just your word against mine.
I have always believed, and still do, that the Jelly and Fizzy Mix we do are much, much better than tubz vending as the pieces are bigger and theres a wide variety of shapes. The small ones that tubz vending do seem inferior to me. But am I wrong? We can get the same small Fizzy mix that they used but we genuinely think its inferior and looks inferior too.
Our Eggs are from Glisten, the best available and only once did we have to switch to another supplier last summer as Glisten couldnt produce due to the extreme weather conditions. The Glisten egg has a thicker shell, is stronger and the shell takes a longer period of time to degrade in sunlight etc.
The three products I have mentioned are a staple diet to us at Hurleys and sales have always been very strong and have never fallen.
We do now offer the superior Jelly Mix now if you want to pay the extra. Its Haribo even though we cant call it that.

Post by Guest »

Dispute all you like, just stating the facts. The small jelly mix from tubz vending, yes this isn't great. But the bigger versions they offer >>> Hurley's branded by a LONG shot.

Their choices are far better at the moment than yourselves, both in terms of quality + looks (price maybe higher, but more than happy to pay for this), I even got the view of others and pretty much all agreed so it's not even contestable, sorry. I also had many complains from customers/landowners, even had threats that I would risk losing certain sites if I didn't find a better alternative.

Good to hear your finally using Haribo, although for me it's too little too late and would take alot more than that to get us back aboard.

Post by Guest »

We now have EVERY single sweet/ savoury product that tubz vending do apart from Bombay Mix and our Gourmet Jelly Beans are different - not inferior, just different.
Also, we have quite a few more on top such as Magic Chocolate Beans, Jelly Strawberries, Flashing Balls, Mars, Twix, 2 kinds of Assorted Pencil, 2 kinds of Jelly Beans, Soft Fruits ( these are real Mentoes, not imitations).
If you would like to pick the phone up instead of this anonymous posting to and fro, I would relish the challenge of getting you back on board!!
Hope to speak to you soon.
Regards
Paul
02920 889979

Post by Guest »

The magic beans sound good! Are they like a giant smartie kind of thing? Could be well worth a try in child friendly sites.

I have to say I've not had any problems with the shells on Hurley's eggs cracking, and I should know as most of my sites are done with a bike and trailer!! (and the roads in Yorkshire are very bumpy)
I do get the occasional label that hasn't quite stuck, but it only happens a couple of times in a box, and I've enough intelligence to be able to deal with two things joined together by a sticker. :roll:

As for the underweight tubs, never noticed any myself, but I would assume the packing machines will have an automatic weight check scales built in at some point along the conveyor, which get calibrated at the start of each production run.
So I would find It highly unlikely...

Glad to see the Strawberry Pencils and Cherry cola changing again, wasn't too keen on the ones we had the last couple of months. :thumbup:

(Gonna be in Cardiff in the summer so might call in for a nosey about paul) :-)

Mark@Yorvend