Hurley's stock

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Hurley's stock

Post by Guest »

Has anyone noticed over the last 12 months or so that Hurley's have changed a lot of key lines to what must be a different supplier?
I noticed the jelly babies first, they started off as small and colourful (similar to Haribo ones) then changed to large ones with a white powder that taste of nothing!
Then the cherry cola bottles went from large fizzy cola flavoured ones to small ones that taste of nothing but sugar!
I've just been told tonight by a customer that the fizzy strawberry pencils which changed the other month are now tasteless, so I've come home and opened an old one and a new one and guess what?.... The old ones taste of strawberry and cream and the new ones just taste of cheap nothingness!

I know there can be issues with suppliers, and I know that when their prices go up you have to consider other brands. But i'm starting to think that if this is going to be permanent then I might have to self pack Haribo/tuckshop stuff (or pay someone else to do it for me), as i'm not going to sell stuff that the customers don't want to eat!!

I know a few of you guys are always going on about margins, but I would rather pay an extra pound or two a box for a better product. £1 a box works out at only 1p per tub more, but if one customer (like the guy that shouted across the pub at me tonight) stops buying from my machine that's a 30 - 50p lost profit on every one he doesn't buy!! :thumbdown:

Re: Hurley's stock

Post by Guest »

Hi there. Am going to put a post in the suppliers section regarding new products but to specifically answer some of the above points.
- new strawberry pencils in this week are superb - much softer, chewy, smell and taste really good.
- Am changin to Haribo jelly Babies
- Fizzy cola bottles changed a while ago to softer juicier ones from a new supplier

Cheers, Paul.

Post by Guest »

That's good news!

I hate selling stuff that is inferior quality, and it does none of us any favours to be selling less sweets... :thumbup:

Post by Guest »

:thumbup:

Post by Guest »

I have had a complaint that the fizzy mix is not fizzy, again Hurleys

Post by Guest »

I too have had several complaints about hurleys fizzy mix not being fizzy anymore !

Post by Guest »

Change the stickers to jelly mix then ;)

Post by Guest »

The coating on the cheap brands of so called 'fizzy' sweets seems to be plain crystalised sugar, not a patch on the fizzy fine grain sherbert sugar on things like Haribo.
Also the amount of flavouring in cheaper sweets is much much less so they tend to taste bland. I have a friend that worked for a sweet manufacturer years ago, he said they did their own brand sweets (Trebor Bassets), and also stuff under contract for supermarkets, apparently the amount of flavouring and quality of product was either exactly the same, or massively inferior!!

Suppose we just have to trust our suppliers to sample the stuff first, and get the best taste for the best price

Post by Guest »

We have changed our fizzy (and jelly) mix to a new supplier and I have to say its not because of price, its because of quality. The new suppliers product is superior in colours, shapes and taste. I hope the the product you regarded as not fizzy enough was older stock as it certainly isnt the case with the fizzy mix were using now..
Paul

Post by Guest »

Hey, at least Hurleys comment on here. tubz vending just nick your sites and keep quiet! lol