Pots

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Re: Pots

Post by Guest »

no no, wasn't going to suggest that we import ourselves. just saying that those people who do import could do a better deal now, but they're probably just laughing and making extra money off us. they're always keen to justify price rises blaming things like exchange rates etc but i don't think price decreases ever come voluntarily...

Post by Guest »

The thing about suppliers is they have to balance out costs across their whole range. For Booker to sell the pringles at the offer price they put extra on the price when they're not on offer, to compensate for the fact they lose revenue during offer periods. For the two main suppliers we have, they have to balance out their margins based on volume of sales and cost from suppliers. The problem with things like interest rates is they fluctuate from month to month, so prices would be constantly move up and down by a pound or two. This would mean when prices went down by a couple of pound we would all rush to stock up and they wouldn't be able to supply us all, which would in turn damage their business. Similar to the empty shelves of pringles at Makro when they put big offers on, some of us fail to get the benefit due to people stock piling.
I think we all know what their products are worth, and if they try it on too much people will look for cheaper alternatives, and they will end up with no business.

Post by Guest »

exchange rates wont make that much difference. Highest its been is about 1.25, lowest about 1.15 with most of the time it trending in the 116 to 120 range so most of the time 3% so a pot might cost 5p or 5.3p

Post by Guest »

Suppliers don't put offers on losing money at any tine. it's when manufacturers put offers on to be passed on to customers that the Pringles are cheaper.

Post by Guest »

not just pots that are imported... sweets, toys, capsules, machines...

don't know about you guys but for me it's pennies that make the pounds...

Post by Guest »

What's the target price for pots? and what quantities would people buy at a time? I buy from portugal on a regular basis. Could get half or whole pallett if enough peolple are interested.

Post by Guest »

I would take 10 boxes which would last me 6 months!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:What's the target price for pots? and what quantities would people buy at a time? I buy from portugal on a regular basis. Could get half or whole pallett if enough peolple are interested.
I would need bout 7-8 boxes a month.

rich

Post by Guest »

I go through roughly 2-3 boxes a month (300 in a box)

Post by Guest »

Be in touch.