Prices

Post Your Comments Anonymously Here.

ADMIN WILL KNOW WHO HAS POSTED

Re: Prices

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:yes but it DOES cost more because, for example, tubz vending vending employ a sales team/"account managers" and they need to be paid. if one of their guys spends an hour chasing a sale for 10 boxes then the cost per box of his time is more than if the guy gets an order for a pallet of 90 boxes...the packing might not cost any more, but its those kind of costs which mean that bigger orders get better prices.

if you can persuade any supplier otherwise please let me know.

Why not put a call in to Mars and say "i'd like to order one mars bar and a twix please and would you mind sending it next day delivery, and please could I have it for the same price as Makros get it, after all it hasn't cost you any more to make it"

It sounds like you are in tubz vending back pocket and fighting their battles for them. It does not matter a jot how many fancy staff they employ to coerce you into buying stock. If you are buying larger quantities, then you would be barmy not to seek a discount, based on what others are receiving, or trying to better it. If you are buying regularly from a supplier and they dont want to lose your monthly large order, they will keep your costs down.

Post by Guest »

So would it be fare to ask suppliers for a price list for bulk orders as I have never seen one ! Or An idea of when us operators get lower prices ? Would we all be better off buying as one order and saving money ? Then meeting to collect stock at a central location !!!

Post by Guest »

Hello,

Happy New Year to all.

It's Christian from Atn writing, so a supplier (small supplier).

Not all products allow the same margins, but where possible we as a supplier have 3 price brackets, based a what WE define a fair pricing structure.

1) List price

2) Payment method price/customer relationship price/larger quantity price

3) Rock bottom price, strictly based on quantities and payment method, quantities are calculated on monthly basis so lots of little orders = big monthly order = same price

We apply this rule across all our products, obviously on some products the second and third price is the same, when there are less margins in the product, sometimes all three price are the same no matter how many you order. However everything is always possible, but it needs to be discussed over the phone, and we base a lot of decisions on customer relationship and customer loyalty.

We've been working since September last year across a wide range of products, to obtain new/better suppliers to increase our margins, as well as increase our discountability and better our pricing. We've also increased our monthly orders to obtain higher discounting from our suppliers and committed to yearly quantities to maintain exclusivities and get certain licenses that no-one else has in the Uk. All this to be sure that we as a supplier can still compete, and thus survive, as rule number 1 still remains "Survive".

During February the first batch of containers will start arriving, better prices for bouncy balls and 90mm capsule toys. The majority of our licensed 50mm capsules now are available according to the above mentioned pricing structure etc etc

Forming a buying group to obtain discounts, is not as easy as it seems, as the big order still has to arrive somewhere, and still has to be processed by someone and thus someone has to still sustain some costings or time dedication, and if you have to drive there, your savings go to the fuel suppliers. Also a big order for a customer, might still be a small order to the eyes of the supplier, so it's always best to identify together with the supplier where and with what quantities pricing is changed. However I've always said, we can discuss a buying group whenever anyone wants to discuss it properly and take it further.

That said, I wish you all a great and work filled 2013, hoping all the work done in 2012 can be consolidated in 2013, making it all worth while.

Christian @ Atn

Post by Guest »

As Christian says, price is by negotiation!