'tubz vending'? Start Vending?

Accounts, Finance, Legal & Franchising information here
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Re: 'tubz vending vending vending'? Start Vending?

Post by Style »

Yep, you do need the skill Barbara and you are without doubt very good. I do think though that if you want to run a more successful business then you have to do some yourself or definitely add ons. We have had some great sites form you but the top ones ie £3-600 pm tend to be commission and obviously multiple machines. You can only really identify them with local knowledge and its much easier to get agreement from these sites face to face.
Andy
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Post by Siting Services »

Totally agree Andy. The data that I buy is not conclusive (even though the companies say it is!) and my limitation is not having local knowledge or being able to see the site that I am calling as you can tell at a glance if the site is worth approaching or not, and gut feel comes into play too.

Barbara
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Post by Snackmore »

Barbara maybe its time to do a tour of the Country, you could have a tour bus and roadies. Happy to be a groupie If you want? :D
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Re: 'tubz vending vending vending vending'? Start Vending?

Snackmore wrote:Barbara maybe its time to do a tour of the Country, you could have a tour bus and roadies. Happy to be a groupie If you want? :D
Haha, imagine that - bedlam :D

Before the days when we started to get sites on the phone, all sites were aquired on foot and the operators used to drive me around, drop me off at the front door and I would leave the site with a thumbs up or down. Thumbs up meant get the machine out of the van quick, get it installed and let's move onto the next site, and for our business Pete would load up our large van and we get 25 out each day and 90+% success rate! Good times. I'll share with you why telephone siting started .... we had just taken delivery of 750 vendors and I became seriously ill and was in bed for several months with serious sciatica .... Bit worrying at the time as we had no one to help get the vendors out. Pete in his wisdom said, "I have an idea", I'll get a phone fitted in the bedroom and threw on the bed the Yellow Pages and that's how it all started all those years ago ..... Another vendfact. "advantage from adversity".

Barbara
Style
Coin Op Group Elite
Coin Op Group Elite
Area Covered: Milton Keynes
Machines Used: Sweet towers, toys, beavers, pringles
Referred by?: random

Post by Style »

Wow, 25 in a day!!!! I wish. I was pleased to get 6 in last week!

Andy
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Style wrote:Wow, 25 in a day!!!! I wish. I was pleased to get 6 in last week!

Andy
Hi Andy, that is excellent going!

That was "before" the public knew the word "NO", :D , no policies in place and everyone took them as they were helping raise money for charity and we were breaking new ground of 'snacking in the workplace'. We had lots of newspaper publicity, the charities were writing about us and it was great. The market today is 'slightly different' ...... :roll: With every great idea comes a whole wealth of replica business 'me too' opportunities. We should write a book about this one day. I recall getting over 100 sites with one phone call - Kwik Fit in the days of Tom Farmer, he was a great supporter of our sweet offerings. Since they were taken over they have all come out which is a shame - those vendors used to empty weekly! I do look back very fondly ... whoever wants to listen to my rantings are very welcome to call and I can bore them silly!!

Barbara
MickMcKay
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: Googled for 'tubz vending Vending Reviews'.

Re: 'tubz vending vending vending vending vending'? Start Vending?

Post by MickMcKay »

Siting Services wrote:
Style wrote:Wow, 25 in a day!!!! I wish. I was pleased to get 6 in last week!

Andy
Hi Andy, that is excellent going!

That was "before" the public knew the word "NO", :D , no policies in place and everyone took them as they were helping raise money for charity and we were breaking new ground of 'snacking in the workplace'. We had lots of newspaper publicity, the charities were writing about us and it was great. The market today is 'slightly different' ...... :roll: With every great idea comes a whole wealth of replica business 'me too' opportunities. We should write a book about this one day. I recall getting over 100 sites with one phone call - Kwik Fit in the days of Tom Farmer, he was a great supporter of our sweet offerings. Since they were taken over they have all come out which is a shame - those vendors used to empty weekly! I do look back very fondly ... whoever wants to listen to my rantings are very welcome to call and I can bore them silly!!

Barbara
I bet you had a swimming pool full of gumballs back then! :violin:
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Don't get me started on the toy and gumball machines .... that's another story. :-) who remembers GOOP! :rofl: :rofl: machines used to empty in an afternoon .....
MickMcKay
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Coin Op Group Apprentice
Referred by?: Googled for 'tubz vending Vending Reviews'.

Post by MickMcKay »

Siting Services wrote:Don't get me started on the toy and gumball machines .... that's another story. :-) who remembers GOOP! :rofl: :rofl: machines used to empty in an afternoon .....
What's a GOOP!?
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master

Re: 'tubz vending vending vending vending vending'? Start Vending?

MickMcKay wrote:
Siting Services wrote:Don't get me started on the toy and gumball machines .... that's another story. :-) who remembers GOOP! :rofl: :rofl: machines used to empty in an afternoon .....
What's a GOOP!?
It was new craze that the kids just could not get enough of - green slime basically - the kids used to run from one Superette outside stores to the next to get the stuff. We had shopkeepers ringing us same day saying come back and fill your machines ... this was before mobiles so we had to make long return journeys the following day ..... then they introduced orange goop with bits in it and called it SICK. God knows what the parents thought, this stuff was awful, good little money earners though. tee hehe :D