Accounts, Finance, Legal & Franchising information here
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

Commission or Charity?

Post by newmark »

Hey guys,

Sorry, another quick question........... when I used to have a few machines years ago, I went into every site and my only offering was 20% commission. This seemed quite succesful.

However, it seems that these days a range of commissions or charity contributions are offered instead.

I'm planning on using a siting service to get some machines in location, but there are a couple of local venues I'm planning to approach in person, and wondered what I should go in with. Do people tend to lead with commission, or charity, or give a choice? What percentage is usual - 20% still, or start less and increase if needed?

Thanks again, your help really is appreciated.

Cheers, Mark.
Siting Services
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Referred by?: Snackmore

Re: Commission or Charity?

Post by Siting Services »

Hi Mark

It all depends on the site and what route you want to take.

Offering a commission at say 20% may be more attractive to some sites, whereas others would not entertain commission as amounts are very low and the charity route is preferable.

If you were a small independent fish & chip shop a few quid may be attractive, whereas going into a large chain of an established business let's say in the service sector they would laugh at a few quid and will not have a system in place to account for a few quid.

Barbara
newmark
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Referred by?: Google

Re: Commission or Charity?

Post by newmark »

Hi Barbara, good point - I thought exactly that about the office where I work. Handing them a few quid would cost them more to account for than the money they would recieve, but putting it into the charity of the month would be much more attractive.

Cheers, Mark