Mark@YorVend
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: york
Machines Used: clenport
Referred by?: google

Re: Bitesize Vending

Post by Mark@YorVend »

If I were in the same position I would sell the spare machines off and buy some second hand towers, then look at swapping them over in some of the better sites you have. You should make better sales with a tower of 9 products, than a couple of beavers vending loose sweets. I would look at investing your income from the round over the next year, building your round up to something worth 13k. If you decide to swap to towers the two main operators provide a sitefinding service, I use Hurleys and have never hed any issues (shameless plug). ;)
You will have probably started to realise by now that the sales figures are massively exaggerated, I remember the info I got said about £50 - £60 a month per machine. I average about £30 per month on my towers, which I think is about right.

It would take a lot of effort, and a bit of time, but you might be able to turn it around and end up with a decent round.
Good luck! :thumbup:

Ps. Where are you based?
choice vending
Coin Op Group Veteren
Coin Op Group Veteren
Area Covered: walsall, north bham, A5 area
Machines Used: towers, bulk vendors, kiddies rides, football tabl
Location: Walsall, Bham, tamworth, cannock,and surrounding areas in the West Midlands

Post by choice vending »

I spoke to them 8 years ago when researching the industry before i set up. They area waste of time

Regards Brian
zestvending
Area Covered: Yorkshire
Machines Used: Coffee Vending, Snack and Cold Drink Vending
Referred by?: Google

Post by zestvending »

Hi Guys,

I have been in the vending business for over 20 years and have never understood why anyone should buy a franchise. If you have £20k to spend you could get 20 reasonable condition second hand machines together with a few afternoons on the phone with google in front of you and you can soon get the ball rolling and end with a far better business.

My thoughts anyway.

Regards
Steve :D
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Where do you operate Steve?

Matt
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
zestvending
Area Covered: Yorkshire
Machines Used: Coffee Vending, Snack and Cold Drink Vending
Referred by?: Google

Post by zestvending »

Hi Matt,
Throughout North Yorkshire and Teeside. Just building a new website so its down at the moment.
Check us out at www.vendingyorkshire.co.uk

Cheers
Steve
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Will do :-) I operate in Birmingham , also do catering .

Regards
Matt
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
alexlg
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Coin Op Group Valued Contributor
Area Covered: Hampshire
Machines Used: none yet! (I want to be an operator)
Referred by?: I googled 'tubz vending'

Post by alexlg »

£1k per machine? What kind of vendor are you talking about?
zestvending wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been in the vending business for over 20 years and have never understood why anyone should buy a franchise. If you have £20k to spend you could get 20 reasonable condition second hand machines together with a few afternoons on the phone with google in front of you and you can soon get the ball rolling and end with a far better business.

My thoughts anyway.

Regards
Steve :D
dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Guessing full sized snack vendor...the spiral types used at the leisure centres, etc.
JG2014
Referred by?: WEBSITE

Post by JG2014 »

I too fell into buying a franchise with Paul Cooper at Heathrow Airport (Holiday Inn Hotel) & his profit projections in excess of 200%!!!
After spending all my savings into this, purely because this was my first business venture & I believed in his promises of partnership & profit representations, also in his experienced "tele-sales support team" which I found out later did not exist or if it did, whoever makes the cold calling just tries to place the machines in any place in the most expedient manner, wherever the site might be.
I wrote twice to Paul Cooper asking for explanations & at last, requesting my franchise fees back...he dismissed my claims, said it did not work cause of my fault & advised me to keep calm & carry on, clearly mocking me!
The case is now at Northampton County Court, I have submitted a claim through "Money Claim" government service, cost me another 210GBP to submit the claim...this has given me nothing but plenty of headaches & sleepless nights as he keeps defending himself with petty excuses & refuses any responsibility in this!
I am based in Southwest London, which is a vast area...from the initial 40 machines, I have only sited 16 (as explained above regarding his "experienced tele-sales support team") & the 16 machines sited, though some of them are in busy pubs & business centre cafes, do not make more than 10GBP average per dispenser!
How I wish I had visited this forum before I got into this...if anyone has any bright ideas, suggestions or can help my cause in Court, please let me know...I know for a fact Paul Cooper has created/dissolved several companies throughout the years, all in vending business...not difficult to figure out why he has done so...many thanks for your time & help, to those of you willing to help in some way!