Quick Books

Accounts, Finance, Legal & Franchising information here
HTV
Referred by?: Google

Quick Books

Post by HTV »

Good Morning,

Very new with the Vending Machine business. I signed up to use Quick Books Online to keep track of everything.

I have a few questions about this:

1. I did my first collection. I posted a "Sales Receipt" under customers. The customer is the shop owner. I was told that I should just be doing a "RECEIVE PAYMENT" instead of a "SALES RECEIPT". Any thoughts?

2. A certain percentage of the coin drop goes to the owner of the machine. So this is sort of a LEASE for us. They sent me an invoice. I posted under "VENDORS" and "ENTER BILL". For the account type, should it be "COMMISSION & FEES"? How about "RENT or LEASE"? I was thinking that made more sense, but then again it might mean "RENT or LEASE" building and not machine.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
HTV
Snackmore
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Leicestershire
Referred by?: Google search

Re: Quick Books

Post by Snackmore »

Sorry mate no idea, I use a very basic excel spreadsheet which my accountant seems happy with, they tried to get me to buy a similar set up for £300 but it would have been no cheaper in accountancy fees so why bother!
Steve

Snackmore Vending

Fully managed vending services

Drinks | Snacks | Sweets | Toys | Rides | Washroom

www.snackmore.co.uk 

dorsetvending
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire
Machines Used: Bulk/Towers/Pringles
Referred by?: Yes brother - Glenn Borthwick

Post by dorsetvending »

Snackmore wrote:Sorry mate no idea, I use a very basic excel spreadsheet which my accountant seems happy with, they tried to get me to buy a similar set up for £300 but it would have been no cheaper in accountancy fees so why bother!
100% agree
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

Hi,

Cant help with quick books either, but I do know that your payments to site are marked as commissions and not lease payments, when commissions are paid you should in theory be getting an invoice or receipt from site.

:thumbup:
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com