Beware- Your Simply Business PLI may not cover you.

Accounts, Finance, Legal & Franchising information here
NoelAlexis
Referred by?: Forum member

Re: Beware- Your Simply Business PLI may not cover you.

Post by NoelAlexis »

Good afternoon everyone. I trust we are all well.

Although specifically for user "Ade", ( whom I have privately messaged ) to all user's of this forum it has been highlighted and is no secret the issue of insuring some of these complimentary rides that you have means we have to go to a separate underwriter. As described in the thread above it means 2 policies and I for one totally understand the convenience and ease of having all risks on one policy.

The commercial team and management are looking at all possibilities to unify cover.

I shall be back on the forum with an update as soon as I can. In the meantime for just the liability Insurance concerning, the static type machines, please don't hesitate to contact me, via PM or at noel.woodrow@ceta.co.uk with a contact email address and telephone number.

Best regards
Noel
pandaanda
Coin Op Group Regular
Coin Op Group Regular
Area Covered: mansfield
Machines Used: tower
Referred by?: venderbase

Post by pandaanda »

I have just had a quote from intersure of £133.62 for £1 million public liability insurance and it includes kids rides providing guidelines stated are followed, guidelines seem to be signs on ride stating parents are responsible for childs safety and should be present while child riding etc, i have asked for the policy to be sent to me so i can check it over.

Cheers

Pete
simplybusiness
Referred by?: google

Post by simplybusiness »

Big Chris wrote:I was going to say, they paid me by bacs, took about 3 days.

Don't be fooled into letting them send a cheque will never arrive.
Hi, we don't send cheques for refunds, we use a standard refund model (which all companies use) and the 28 days is just due to the way banks transfer money - we release the money straight away but the banks have to process it.
Rossi fan wrote:

All good evidence confirming that they are only out for themselves, so it seems. I wonder how many simply operators, not on this forum there are. Will simply contact them and tell them they are not covered off site?
We're here to make sure you're covered correctly - no other insurance company will come onto a forum and explain these issues (and resolve them) so please try to understand this. We're working to resolve the matter as we're aware of the issues it's causing.

Please email me directly at social@simplybusiness.co.uk if you have any other issues.
Rossi fan
Coin Op Group Grand Master
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

simplybusiness wrote:

Hi, we don't send cheques for refunds, we use a standard refund model (which all companies use) and the 28 days is just due to the way banks transfer money - we release the money straight away but the banks have to process it.
Rossi fan wrote:

All good evidence confirming that they are only out for themselves, so it seems. I wonder how many simply operators, not on this forum there are. Will simply contact them and tell them they are not covered off site?
We're here to make sure you're covered correctly - no other insurance company will come onto a forum and explain these issues (and resolve them) so please try to understand this. We're working to resolve the matter as we're aware of the issues it's causing.

Please email me directly at social@simplybusiness.co.uk if you have any other issues.
With regard to your statement about you not sending cheques as refunds. Please see the e-mail below from your complaints manager, Andy.
Andy (Service and Support)

Feb 13 02:51 pm (GMT)

Hi Mr Collier,

I would again like to apologise for the sale of the policy, i assure you this is something that we take very seriously and the appropriate action will now be taken.

I have processed the full refund for you but must confirm i have had to raise this as a cheque, this is due to the adjustments and further payments that you made throughout your policy.

cheque amount: £252.69

If this is of inconvenience to you please let me know. I can also confirm your policy has been fully cancelled to inception.

If you wish to discuss further or query anything else please let me know,

Kind Regards

Andy Hayes
Complaints Officer
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Post by Vendition Ltd »

my business is set up as a limited company would you still get PLI if you are already limited?

Regards

Ross
Coin Operated Group
Site Admin
Site Admin
Area Covered: Birmingham, West Midlands
Machines Used: Arcade Machines, Quiz & Big Vendors
Referred by?: myself

Post by Coin Operated Group »

It's a legal obligation when your ltd mate.
Regards Matt

www.easyvend.com
Vendition Ltd
Coin Op Group Master
Coin Op Group Master
Area Covered: chichester-eastborne-crawley
Machines Used: bulk tower - tubz vending/salysol and pringles
Referred by?: heard about this through the grape vine

Post by Vendition Ltd »

Lol cheers Matt, mine ran out a couple days ago so better renew

Ross
NoelAlexis
Referred by?: Forum member

Post by NoelAlexis »

Good morning Forum,

I trust everyone is well. Just a reminder that we can offer liability cover for you on and off site for your coin-operated machines. Each policy is quoted individually and hopefully if you look to attain cover through us - www.insuremyliability.co.uk we can put all risks one policy. We are still working hard to get a unified advert in place with a small dossier of information regarding our cover.

In the meantime again, just to reiterate please PM me with a contact number or email at noel.woodrow@ceta.co.uk should you need a quote or further information.

Best Regards
Noel
Insure my Liability
C/o Ceta Insurance
simplybusiness
Referred by?: google

Post by simplybusiness »

Rossi fan wrote:
simplybusiness wrote:

Rossi fan wrote:I was going to say, they paid me by bacs, took about 3 days.

With regard to your statement about you not sending cheques as refunds. Please see the e-mail below from your complaints manager, Andy.
Andy (Service and Support)

Feb 13 02:51 pm (GMT)

Hi Mr Collier,

I would again like to apologise for the sale of the policy, i assure you this is something that we take very seriously and the appropriate action will now be taken.

I have processed the full refund for you but must confirm i have had to raise this as a cheque, this is due to the adjustments and further payments that you made throughout your policy.

cheque amount: £252.69

If this is of inconvenience to you please let me know. I can also confirm your policy has been fully cancelled to inception.

If you wish to discuss further or query anything else please let me know,

Kind Regards

Andy Hayes
Complaints Officer
My apologies, I've just spoken with Andy and the reason for the cheque is because we're refunding more than one premium which cannot be done through our regular payment system.

Rest assured, the cheque will arrive! :)
Rossi fan
Area Covered: North Licolnshire, Doncaster
Machines Used: Tower
Referred by?: Matt Slater. E-bay member Slater210

Post by Rossi fan »

My Refund has arrived by Bacs after I found out 15 days after the refund was agreed, that it could take 28 days.

Simply Business had my premiums under false pretences for 3 years, so I thought they would wish to refund me expediently, but I was wrong.

Paul